Pace Gallery LLC
Palo Alto, CA
Company: Pace Gallery LL
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Pace Gallery, home to many of the most significant artists and estates from the 20th and 21st centuries, is seeking experienced Freelance Art Handlers for our Palo Alto, CA location. This position requires proven experience in installations and de-installations. The ideal candidate should possess excellent communication skills and be comfortable working with a variety of individuals. S/he must be comfortable working in a very fast paced environment and have flexibility with regard to scheduling.
- Assist in the installation and de-installation of artwork including rigging sculptures, arranging lighting, etc. for exhibitions.
- Maintain gallery including painting/patching walls, building out additional walls/storage.
- Assist with facilities issues as they arise/when necessary.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- BA Degree Required, Art History, Studio Art or related degree preferred.
- Experience packing, handling and installing works of art.
- Ability to work well in fast-paced team environment.
- Light construction experience preferred.
- Must be extremely detailed when handling artwork.
- Experience working in an Art Gallery or Museum is preferable.
Please send your resume and letter of interest, as one PDF attachment, to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Freelance Art Handler – Palo Alto”, in the subject line.
Pace Gallery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.