Diane Rosenstein Gallery
This position is for immediate hire.
- Greet all incoming visitors, clients, and press, both in person and by phone
- Act as initial point of contact and answer any questions or concerns
- Answer all incoming calls to the gallery and direct inquiries to the appropriate staff members
- Send, receive, and review physical mail and communicate with mail vendors (e.g., FedEx, couriers) as needed
- Maintain overall appearance and tidiness of general gallery spaces, book display, as well as kitchen and stockroom areas
- Open and close the gallery space each morning and evening
- Inspect the gallery each morning prior to opening to the public to ensure security of the artwork and facility
- Assist with private viewings, special events and openings
- Mentor new team members and interns
- Provide administrative assistance to other internal departments as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- 1+ years of administrative experience working in a gallery, auction house or museum
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions
- Knowledge of contemporary art, Art History, or fine art, preferred
- Excellent computer skills including Adobe Creative Suite (if possible), PC and Mac platforms
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with ‘Gallery Assistant job’ as the subject line. Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls please.