The Museum of Broken Relationships
Los Angeles, CA
The debuting Museum of Broken Relationships seeks a dedicated and organized Gallery Manager. Applicants should have a work background in the management of a museum/gallery space, a BA in a related field, and 2-5 years previous experience. Local candidates only.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- While reporting to the Director and Assistant Director, survey the experience on the gallery floor while overseeing all floor staff
- Recruiting and hiring staff to ensure smooth visitor experience and scheduling staff rotations on site
- Create a visually exciting gift shop whilst maintaining operational excellence
- Hands on approach to customer service excellence, lead by example on creating this customer first environment
- Aid the Director and Assistant Director to develop a rich calendar of programming, including scheduling of special events and coordinating space rentals.
- Contributes to assessment strategies and implement the distribution and collection of feedback and survey forms on a regular basis
- Occasional registrar support and tracking of new objects acquired by the Museum
- General administrative duties as needed
About the Museum
The Museum of Broken Relationships grew from a traveling exhibition revolving around the concept of failed relationships and their ruins. The museum offers a chance to overcome an emotional collapse through creation: by contributing to the permanent collection. Although often colored by personal experience, local culture, and history, the exhibits presented here form universal patterns offering us to discover them and feel the comfort they can bring. Hopefully they can also inspire our personal search for deeper insights and strengthen our belief in something more meaningful.
Conceptualized in Croatia by an artist ex-couple, Museum of Broken Relationships started in 2006 and became a permanent museum in Zagreb in 2010. It will open it’s second location in the heart of Los Angeles in May 2016. The museum will feel right at home in a city that is steeped in such history of wild dreams and crushing defeats.
Please send resume and cover letter to Amanda@brokenships.la