Patrick Painter Gallery
Santa Monica, CA
Patrick Painter, Inc. is a Contemporary Art Gallery located in Santa Monica's Bergamot Station. Our gallery represents emerging to international-exhibiting contemporary artists. We are currently seeking to fill a couple gallery internship positions. These positions are ideal for those who wish to gain work experience in an active, contemporary art gallery. Applicants should be highly motivated, detail-oriented, possess good public relations skills, and must have an interest and/or background in contemporary art. Interns will receive training in all aspects of gallery administration and get quality hands-on experience, and exposure to the Los Angeles art scene.
Although this internship is unpaid you will be able to gain hands on experience working in a gallery environment. We provide college credit where applicable, and reimburse for gas if you are sent on an errand.
Gallery Intern Responsibilities (Include but are not limited to):
- Assisting staff with daily administrative duties.
- General office work (answering phones, filing, organizing).
- Assisting in exhibition openings and special events.
- Gallery maintenance.
- Art packaging and handling.
- Assisting in installation and de-installation of exhibitions.
- Maintain the gallery's artist database.
- Running errands for the gallery.
- Must be available at least 1 full day a week (11am-6pm).
- Must be intelligent, enthusiastic, self-motivated, organized and reliable.
- Must have a professional appearance.
- Must have experience with Mac OS and Microsoft Office suite.
- Art History/Fine Art background preferred, but not required.
- Previous gallery experience is a plus, but is by no means required
- Applicants with their own car (or access to one) are STRONGLY preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume (PDF) to email@example.com Write "INTERN" in the subject line.