West Hollywood, CA
Internship – Leica Gallery/Marketing
Leica Camera AG is an internationally operating, premium-segment manufacturer of cameras and sport optics products.
The legendary status of the Leica brand is founded on a long tradition of excellence in the construction of lenses and optical devices. And today, in combination with innovative technologies, Leica products continue to guarantee better pictures in all situations in the worlds of visualisation and perception. Innovative products have been the driving force behind the company’s positive development in recent years.
We love what we do. And we share the desire to do our best – whether we are creating high-quality products or offering first-class services. If you have the same passion and demands of your work, Leica is the right place for you. Here you will benefit from a working climate that is characterised by fairness, trust, respect and personal freedom.
REPORTS TO: Gallery Director/Store Manager
TIME COMMITMENT: Minimum 3-month commitment of 15 - 20 hours per week. Schedule is flexible.
LOCATION: Leica Store Los Angeles – West Hollywood, CA.
COMPENSATION: $12/hour plus gallery sales incentive structure. College credit possible; check with your academic advisor to make arrangements.
Reporting to Gallery Director & Store Manager with dotted line to the Corporate Marketing team, the candidate will have responsibility for assisting in the planning and executing gallery events/social media. Learn how to curate, design, and produce gallery exhibitions/events. Assist in the development and dissemination of all the marketing materials for print, web, and social media channels, including post-event follow-up and evaluation.
Support and execute communications, strategy, marketing, artist curation, gallery sales. Compile and analyze results. Assist with strategy of gallery growth and management. Assist with social media communications and planning. Research competitor and social media trends and identify industry best practices. Participate in internal team meetings and Leica educational series.
The Gallery/Marketing Intern must be a self-starter; possess an entrepreneurial spirit needed to work within a fast-paced, creative environment, demonstrate maturity; and have the ability to work well independently and within a team.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Passion in representing and selling artwork produced by a legendary photographic manufacturer
- Work experience or coursework focus in marketing, social media strategy or related creative field. Gallery Management coursework is a plus.
- Demonstrated consumer-facing writing ability.
- Strong business acumen relating to the display, management and sales of photographic prints
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities at once
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in dealing with internal stakeholders, art buyers and collectors.
- Knowledge in social media and social engagement tactics
- Flexibility to work on a variety of projects Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Adobe Creative Suite experience is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume, along with writing samples and/or social media handles to JENNIE.KIEFER@LEICACAMERAUSA.COM. Please specify “Gallery/Marketing Intern” in the subject line.