California State Summer School Arts Foundation
The Grants and Development Coordinator of the California State Summer School Arts Foundation (CSSSA Foundation) reports to the Deputy Director and also works closely with the Executive Director in securing private sector funds to support the California State SummerSchool for the Arts (CSSSA).
CSSSA is an immersive and creative four-week program with the mission to nurture the next generation of artists and arts professionals in the following disciplines: Animation, Creative Writing, Dance, Film, Music, Theatre and Visual Arts. Over 500 highly talented high school students attend this residential program each year on the campus of the California Institute of the Arts (CalArts) in Valencia.
The Grants and Development Coordinator will have the primary responsibility of managing all fund development activities, including but not limited to:
- Writing grant proposals, maintaining grants calendar and distributing grant reports
- Preparing donor thank you letters and stewardship materials
- Assisting in the planning of special donor events
- Assisting in the identification and solicitation of major gift prospects
- Creating an annual development and fundraising work plan
- Assisting in the preparation of board meetings
- Bachelor’s degree, arts background strongly preferred
- Excellent writing ability, including proofreading and editing skills
- At least 3 years experience with non-profit fundraising and proposal writing
- Demonstrated success with foundation and corporate grant applications
- Experience in special event coordination
- Experience working with donor database programs (eTapestry, Raiser’s Edge, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills (and a sense of humor!)
- Ability to think outside the box
- Effective organizational skills and ability to follow through on detailed projects
- Proficiency in Mac/Apple office computer programs
- Team player mentality
This is a 32-hour per week employee position at the CSSSA Foundation office in Pasadena. Paid vacation and sick days benefits. Position available immediately.
Please send cover letter and resume to Sacha Schneider, Deputy Director, CSSSA Foundation at email@example.com.
CSSSA Foundation website: www.csssaf.org