Glendale Arts is a nonprofit organization which integrates the arts into the identity, growth, and economic vitality of the City of Glendale by presenting programming and creating partnerships that benefit youth, patrons, artists, organizations, and businesses in the community and at the Alex Theatre.
We are seeking a Graphic Designer for our first annual Arts & Music Fest as well as corresponding, year round projects. The primary responsibility of the candidate is to collaborate with the Festival Director to develop and drive innovative solutions for a new logo and branding materials. This position will help lead design efforts and will be accountable for ideation, concept development, and finalization of the project. Lastly, the Graphic Designer is responsible for communicating and presenting design concepts to internal teams – leading strategic design concepts into finished projects.
● Collaborate with the Festival Director to develop and drive innovative solutions for the festival and other project initiatives. Ensure that solutions connect with the targeted audiences and result in a consistent brand message.
● Understand audience, marketing and business knowledge insights and incorporate into ideation, concept development, and execution.
●Bachelor’s Diploma/Degree in Graphic/Visual/Communication Design
● Minimum 2+ years of experience in visual design.
● Proficient with Adobe CS6/CC with an emphasis on Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
● Working knowledge of prepress, printing processes, silkscreens, etc.
● Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram)
● Demonstrated skill in branding and identity
● Proven understanding of creating engaging, innovate, and clear designs
● Demonstrated leadership capability
● Strong organizational, problem solving, and time management skills
● Strong oral and written communication skills
● The ability to provide detailed specifications, mockups/prototypes, and style guides
Send a PDF portfolio (5MB max), link to website, CV, and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please, no follow up calls or emails.