Glendale Arts is a nonprofit organization which integrates the arts into the identity, growth, and economic vitality of the City of Glendale by presenting programming and creating partnerships that benefit youth, patrons, artists, organizations, and businesses in the community and at the Alex Theatre.
We are seeking a Graphic Designer for our first annual Arts & Music Fest as well as corresponding, year round projects. The primary responsibility of the candidate is to collaborate with the Festival Director to develop and drive innovative solutions for website and mobile designs for the Festival. This position will help lead the overall design efforts and will be accountable for ideation, concept development, and production assistance. Lastly, the Graphic Designer is responsible for communicating and presenting design concepts to internal teams – leading strategic design concepts into finished projects.
● Innovate and create UI / UX design concepts for the festival website. Produce wireframes, mockups and other art assets. Develop and maintain detailed UI specifications and templates. Work closely with software engineers to implement the designs.
● Understand audience, marketing and business knowledge insights and incorporate into ideation, concept development, and execution.
● Bachelor’s Diploma/Degree in Graphic/Visual/Communication Design
● Minimum 2+ years of experience in visual design.
● Proficient with Adobe CS6/CC with an emphasis on Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
● Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram)
● Demonstrated skill in UI/UX
● Proven understanding of creating engaging, innovate, and clear designs with exceptional user flows
● Strong organizational, problemsolving, and time management skills
● Strong oral and written communication skills
Send a PDF portfolio (5MB max), link to website, CV, and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, no follow up calls or emails.