Torrance, Redondo Beach, Carson, Long Beach, CA
Kings and Clowns DBA Arts Alive is hiring for a part-time Group Guitar Teaching Artists for after-school programs in the South Bay and South Los Angeles. Guitar teacher with Keyboard teaching experience a plus!
About the Organization
Kings and Clowns DBA Arts Alive provides a creative platform for educational training to young people in music and performing arts. Every effort is made to ensure every child has access to arts education in our after-school in the South Bay and Los Angeles. We are a small, efficiently run nonprofit arts education organization that works closely with their teaching artists.
All of our teachers must be
- Prepared to be fingerprinted, Virtus certified, and TB tested upon hire
- Prompt and flexible
- Highly motivated and a team player
- Willing to learn and grow with the organization
- Passionate towards educating young people
- Prepared to teach lessons to the California VAPA standards on lesson plans
- Equipped with a vehicle or reliable transportation
- Ability to control class with management tactics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Located within 20 minutes of the South Bay/Westside area
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in education, arts education/administration/management, or related field
- Experience with K-8 schools and California VAPA standards a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Highly organized, a self-starter and able to prioritize, track projects and meet deadlines
- Able to solve problems and recommend alternatives to promote program effectiveness
- Visit kingsandclowns.com for more information on curriculum.
- Independent contractor will be scheduled for after-school classes between 2:30 and 6:00pm for up to 12 hours per week. Work and training outside normal business hours is rare but flexibility is expected.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume with two references, cover letter, photo/headshot to email@example.com.
Interview will be conducted during early March. Candidates will be asked to demonstrate classroom teaching. The chosen teacher must be prepared to teach 3-4 afternoons and early evenings per week. Training and Staff Development will follow.