Los Angeles, CA
The Institutional Giving Coordinator initiates, develops, prepares, and submits compelling corporate sponsorship proposals, grant applications, funding requests, and reports to corporate, foundation and government funding sources. The Institutional Giving Coordinator works collaboratively with the Director of Institutional Giving, Chief Development Officer, and curatorial and education teams to design strategies for new and increased support, helping to build a strong pipeline of future funding. The Institutional Giving Coordinator manages a portfolio of active and prospective funders, conducts prospect research, maintains a database of information regarding funders for the museum, manages fulfillment of benefits for corporate donors, and fulfills essential administrative functions of the department.
· Three - five years of institutional fundraising experience, with an emphasis on corporate fundraising, grant writing and reporting, donor relations, and proposal development
· Ideal candidate must be a skilled facilitator, capable of articulating institutional objectives to funders
· Detail-oriented with the ability to work efficiently under deadline and in a collaborative manner with curatorial, education and administrative staff
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Experience utilizing fundraising software and online databases
· Must be able to represent the museum in a skilled manner at meetings and tours with funders and colleagues
· Experience in the arts, cultural, and/or educational organizations preferred
· Knowledge of Southern California fundraising landscape preferred
· Possession of a bachelor’s degree (or substantial coursework) in art history, art education, studio art, or closely related field preferred
· In collaboration with the Director of Institutional Giving and Chief Development Officer, and in consultation with curatorial and education staff, create and implement strategies to achieve MOCA’s fundraising goals in the corporate, foundation and government sectors
· Research, develop, prepare, and submit compelling corporate sponsorship proposals and grant applications for museum activities
· In consultation with the finance team, manage grant reporting and accounting, including preparation of reports, invoices, budgets, progress reports, and final reports
· Oversee a portfolio of active and prospective funders. Cultivate and steward existing funders, research and initiate relationships with new prospective funders, prepare corporate proposals, write letters of inquiry, solicitation letters, and concept papers
· Create and maintain a central grants calendar and database, track pending requests, maintain donor profiles and gift information in Raiser’s Edge, monitor donor acknowledgement in credit lines
· Manage fulfillment of benefits and create member packages for corporate donors, including event and reception invitations, admission passes and other benefits
· In consultation with curatorial and education staff, create project descriptions and budgets, sponsorship decks, and other materials in support of MOCA’s funding requests
· Develop strong relationships between MOCA and its funders in partnership with appropriate staff and Trustees
· Follow fundraising and cultural trends
· Other duties as assigned
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate computer and other office equipment required. Heavy usage of computers and phones required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.