Menlo Park, CA
Pace Gallery, a leading modern and contemporary art gallery representing some of the most significant artists and artist estates of the 20th and 21st centuries, is seeking Gallery Assistant Interns for the duration of a temporary exhibition which incorporates art and technology. They will be responsible for answering questions from visitors, supporting the staff, and directing in-person inquiries to the appropriate staff members as well as providing general administrative support.
This is a temporary position, with a requirement of five, or more, days per week, Monday through Sunday, 10AM to 7PM, until December 18th, 2016, at our Menlo Park, CA, location.
- Greet all clients, visitors, and press both in person and via phone
- Act as an initial point of contact and answer any questions or concerns
- Review general gallery email and send inquiries to appropriate staff members
- Send, receive and distribute physical mail
- Maintain regular stock of gallery supplies and replenish as needed
- Inspect the gallery each day to ensure it is neat
- Provide administrative support as needed for the staff
- Maintenance of library inventory and restock when necessary
- Experience working within the arts and/or kids/young children a plus
- Knowledge of modern and contemporary artists preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must have poised and professional demeanor
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet required deadlines
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
Interested candidates please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Internship – Menlo Park.
No phone calls please.
The Pace Gallery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.