West Hollywood, CA
We are looking for an exceptionally organized and motivated intern to join our Los Angeles gallery for a part-time internship for Fall 2016.
Intern will be involved in all aspects of gallery operations including social media management, visitors relations, and planning for exhibitions and events, besides gallery maintenance, art handling, and front desk duties.
- Assist in managing gallery operations
- Assist in management and coordination of installations
- Assist during events and receptions
- Organize and file press materials
- Maintain website and social media presence
- Handle valuable artworks
- Support and expand public relations with collectors, media contacts, artists, and the general public
- Art History, Studio Arts, Communications, Graphic Design Majors (preferred)
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication
- Possess multi-tasking and coordination experience
- Excellent computer skills, including Adobe Creative Suite (preferred)
- Familiarity with fine art packing and shipping best practices
- Passion for art; actively involved in the art community
- The candidate must be available 2-3 days per week (Wed-Sat) from 12 PM to 5 PM. A commitment to a minimum of three months is required.
This internship includes an honorarium of $1,000.
Please send a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate "Gallery Intern" in the e-mail subject line.
Please indicate the date you would be available to start, as well as any scheduling restrictions.
About DEPART Foundation
DEPART Foundation is a non-profit arts organization dedicated to the discussion, exhibition, and promotion of art. The Foundation is committed to the development and support of contemporary artists whose work and careers represent a departure from their previous endeavors or predecessors. For more information, visit: http://departfoundation.com