Beverly Hills, CA
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR JUNIOR REGISTRAR / PREPARATOR
Gagosian Beverly Hills seeks a full-time Junior Registar / Preparator for immediate hire.
Qualified candidates should be detail oriented and highly organized, have the ability to multitask, handle a high level of volume and complex shipments with attention to time sensitivity. Must be a talented communicator who thrives in a fast paced environment.
The position schedule is Tuesday–Saturday, 10am–6:30pm, with additional hours for openings and events.
Basic duties include but not limited to:
- Assist in the safe and efficient transportation of artwork between gallery locations, storage facilities, artist studios, lenders, and fairs
- Track release and receipt paperwork, maintain accurate database, label artwork
- Generate in house condition reports
- Care and maintenance of artworks, including oversight of storage and gallery inventory
- Assist with oversight of daily movement of artworks
- Domestic and international shipment of artwork
- Liaise with staff, art handling companies, artist studios, fine art shippers, framers and conservators
- Assist with packing, installation and de-installation as required by Exhibitions Coordinator
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (for PC), Google Docs
- Bachelor’s Degree, with a minimum of 2 years of related experience working in the arts; gallery or museum background preferred
- Registrarial experience with understanding of domestic and international shipments preferred
- Ability and willingness to work will with a team as well as independently
- Strong administrative, professional, organizational, and communication skills
- Knowledge and interest in contemporary art
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Full-Time/Regular/Non-Exempt/Salaried position with overtime per CA state labor regulations.
Commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including three weeks’ paid vacation.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with “Junior Registar/Preparator” as the subject line. Only qualified candidates will be contacted, please NO visits or phone calls.
Gagosian is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.