Wallis Annenberg Center
The Lighting Coordinator assists in the management of all aspects of lighting operation and the coordination of technical elements as they relate to electrics in the 500-seat Goldsmith Theater and the 150-seat Lovelace Studio space, as well as outdoor programming. The position includes supervision of lighting personnel, installation, focus, programming and maintenance of guest designer lighting plots and the lighting department equipment, and lighting console operation for performances. This position reports to the Lighting Supervisor. It is a full time annual position, salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the Master Electrician for all events and shows
- Prep and maintain equipment necessary to tech and run shows
- Assist with the training and supervision of electrics staff and over hire in the preparation, load-in, maintenance, and strike of shows
- Act as programmer or light board operator for performances as needed
- Produce and update all light plots, instrument and channel hookups, and other related Vectorworks, and Lightwright documentation as needed
- Maintain accurate shop inventories of all lighting equipment and consumables
- Maintain lighting equipment.
- Assist lighting designers during tech and preview process as needed and directed
- Responsible for reading show reports, rehearsal schedules, and facilities calendars. Follow-up on applicable details/notes and communicate information to supervisors and staff as appropriate
- Attend staff meetings, production meetings, and department meetings as needed
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- At least three years diverse experience working as a Lighting Supervisor, Master Electrician, or similar, in professional dance, music and theatre
- Working knowledge of theatrical rigging systems and common safety practices
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and stand on feet for long time periods
- Must be able to comfortably negotiate stairs, ladders, lifts, and catwalks up to 45 feet above ground, as well as working within confined spaces
- Intermediate/Advanced programming knowledge of EOS family consoles
- Working knowledge of ETC Net3 networks and ETC Paradigm systems
- Working knowledge of Vectorworks 2014 and Lightwright 5
- Ability to perform basic maintenance of moving light equipment and conventional instrument repair
- AutoCAD drafting skills will be considered a plus
- Ability to lead load-in, focus, work and strike calls as directed by the Lighting Supervisor
The Wallis will begin their fourth season in September 2016, in the heart of Beverly Hills. The Wallis was honored with an Ovation Award for Best Season, in 2015. The Wallis presents Music, Dance, Lectures and Film Series, presents and produces Theatre pieces, and hosts numerous special events and rentals over the entire year.
Anticipated start date of September 6. 2016. Annual Salary DOE + benefits.
For consideration please send resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: James D’Asaro, Director of Production, The Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts, 9390 North Santa Monica Blvd., Beverly Hills, CA 90210. No phone calls, please.