Local Control Funding Formula & Arts Education
Arts Advocacy Toolkit for LCFF and LCAP
Arts for LA's Advocacy Manager Cristina Pacheco has written a brief overview of LCFF, LCAP, and the opportunity for arts education for Arts for LA's blog. Read the article here for more information.
3. Contact your district to learn how they are approaching LCFF and the LCAP process—every district is unique.
4. Schedule a time to present to your Board of Education how an investment in arts education is a critical part of a complete education for all students. The California Alliance for Arts Education has great resources you can download and take with you.
5. Provide public comment to your LCAP Parent Advisory Committee about the benefits of a complete education that includes the arts. Arts for LA will offer a free workshop in February on how to provide public comment.
6. Join your LCAP Parent Advisory Committee or, if one exists, the English Learner Subcommittee of the Parent Advisory Committee to ensure arts education is considered as a district strategy within LCFF.
7. Join the Arts Education Advocacy Team in your district to work with other parents and community members on this issue. If none exists, contact us about starting one.
8. Become a free supporter of Arts for LA to stay up to date with news, action alerts, briefs, and other opportunities for participation.
Click and Go
Print out this handy one-sheet to quickly communicate the opportunity for arts education within LCFF and share these action steps.