The Colburn School
The Colburn School is a world-class performing arts school where a renowned faculty provides instruction in music, dance and drama to dedicated students of all ages.
Since 1950, the school has equipped students with the skills, support and opportunity needed to achieve their highest artistic goals. The school's state-of-the-art campus is located in the “heart-of-art” of downtown Los Angeles, neighboring Walt Disney Concert Hall, the Music Center, the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) and the Broad Museum.
The Manager of Orchestral Activities is a full time position responsible for the management and operation of all aspects of The Colburn School’s large orchestral ensembles which includes all library services, orchestra personnel, performance logistics, and regular communication with faculty, students, and staff. The primary focus of this position is on the Colburn Orchestra, and supervising a staff consisting of one full-time assistant and student workers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with Colburn Orchestra Music Director on scheduling, repertoire, guest performers, and personnel/attendance issues
- Research, purchase, prepare, and distribute all performance material for the Colburn Orchestra, Colburn Chamber Orchestra, Colburn Youth Orchestra, and Academy Virtuosi
- Oversee the cataloging and organization of orchestral performance materials and performance history records.
- Hire extra personnel and arrange for instrument rentals for orchestral performances
- Maintain and manage Orchestra Library budget
- Maintain regular communication with Conservatory Office and other staff departments for coordination of all facets of orchestra activities
- Supervise and advise Orchestra Library and Ensemble Coordinator
- Train and supervise part-time student workers
- Be present for and oversee all Colburn Orchestra services
- Fulfill all reasonable music requests from students and faculty
- Assist Music Director in development of policies and procedures
- Assist Music Director with written correspondence
- Performed other related duties as assigned
- Degree in music or equivalent, and substantial orchestral performance experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of music history, theory, orchestration, orchestral repertoire and performance practice traditions, music publishing, licensing and current copyright law
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience as a music librarian, ensemble manager, or other arts administration
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with the management of music performance materials and electronic information resources.
- Bibliographic/musical knowledge of European languages.
- Familiarity with office software (Microsoft Office suite) including word processing, spreadsheet, database, and Internet applications, as well as music notation andorchestra management software (OPAS).
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
Excellent salary and benefits.
Apply at: https://colburn.simplehire.com