Craft and Folk Art Museum (CAFAM)
Los Angeles, CA
Be part of a creative and mission-driven non-profit. The Craft & Folk Art Museum (CAFAM) is seeking a talented and enthusiastic retail expert to oversee all aspects of the CAFAM Shop including buying, merchandising and display, financial management, operations, personnel management, and shop special events. The Manager of Retail Operations is an integral part of the museum’s staff, attending weekly planning and operations meetings and reporting to the Executive Director. The shop has a mission-driven directive to showcase contemporary craft and promote local artists.
- Buy and consign a merchandise mix to include appropriate products at a variety of price points that reflect the CAFAM’s programs and exhibitions.
- Develop and manage the CAFAM Shop budget; maximizing profitability
- Manage day-to-day shop operational issues includes sales, transactions, reports, receiving merchandise, online store, customer service, handling cash, merchandise returns, and opening/closing the shop.
- Recruit, train, supervise, motivate, and evaluate shop sales associates and front desk staff.
- Responsible for securing and accounting inventory; conduct the annual physical inventory count.
- Create a visually effective display and easy shopping atmosphere for visitors. Ensure the store is clean, organized, and attractive.
- Monitor deposits, cash flow, and accounts payable.
- Work with the marketing team to promote shop visibility with members, shop customers, and the public. Plan special events including trunk shows, receptions, demonstrations, holiday shop events, and other activities to stimulate customer interest and sales.
- Work collaboratively with CAFAM’s leadership team, staff, volunteers, and community partners to uphold the museum’s values
- Assist with CAFAM special event planning and implementation as needed, including the annual museum gala and upcoming shopping events CLAY LA and Jewelry Trunk Show.
Candidates must have a minimum 3 years of experience in an upscale retail establishment (preferably with a museum, cultural organization, or other not-for-profit organization), and a Bachelor’s degree. Buying and merchandising experience is required, in addition to inventory management and supervisory experience. Must have experience with a point-of-sale system and online sales; strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook); and the ability to analyze and interpret data.
Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Suzanne Isken: email@example.com