Los Angeles Children's Chorus
One of the nation’s premiere youth choirs, the Los Angeles Children’s Chorus (LACC), is seeking an experienced, highly organized, and creative individual to serve as our Marketing and Communications Manager.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this full time position plays a key role in furthering LACC’s mission by promoting our programs and engaging with our vibrant community of LACC families, alumni, donors, artistic partners, staff, and supporters.
The Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing annual strategic objectives and goals for marketing and communications in collaboration with artistic and administrative leadership
- Developing and implementing a marketing plan to promote LACC as a whole, as well as individual marketing campaigns for multiple programs and events with unique and diverse target markets
- Designing high-quality marketing collateral for LACC programs and events
- Designing and managing production and distribution of all collateral print materials for LACC programs and events, ensuring consistent messaging and high-quality appearance and presentation, including: promotional materials (e.g. brochures, ads, business cards, letterhead, flyers, postcards), merchandise (e.g. tour t-shirts, DVD covers, cards, buttons), and special events (e.g. invitations, programs, tribute ads, signage)
- Creating digital content for website, blog, monthly e-newsletter, online ads, and social media
- Updating and editing LACC website and social media accounts
- Overseeing creative direction for all design, photography, and video production
- Manage relationships with vendors and freelancers specific to marketing and communications – printers, email-marketing services, photographers, videographers , etc.
- Working closely with LACC’s publicist to establish and enhance the organization’s profile, image, and position within the community; acting as primary staff liaison to provide necessary information for press releases and interviews
- Developing and monitoring annual budget for marketing and communications
- Creating, issuing, and collecting marketing surveys; analyzing data to adjust strategies based on metrics
- Managing LACC box office and ticket sales
- Attending and assisting with LACC events as needed
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, discerning marketer; a thoughtful, skilled communicator, both in person and online; an intuitive team player; and a self-starter. He/she must be well-versed in the tools of the trade and be eager to contribute and continue to hone his/her expertise in service of LACC’s mission.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills;
- Expertise working in a marketing context with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media channels
- Experience with online marketing tools, such as Mailchimp or Constant Contact
- Experience with WordPress for website management and basic familiarity with html
- Proficiency with graphic design tools, such as InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with customer relationship management databases and web-based productivity tools a plus
His/her qualifications must also include:
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced, artistic environment with uncompromising attention to detail; and
- Demonstrated ability to engage and activate multiple constituencies, and navigate among multiple priorities, in a proactive and collegial manner.
- This job requires the ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time; carry objects weighing 5-10 lbs; walk up and down 3 flights of stairs; and travel to off-site meetings as requested.
- Must be available to work occasional nights and weekends
- A passion for the arts, choral music, and music education is highly desirable.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business, marketing, public relations, or related field
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience, with direct responsibility for marketing and communications
- Nonprofit sector experience preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a one-page cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applications accepted through September 15th, or until position is filled. Prompt response is encouraged. LACC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Los Angeles Children's Chorus (LACC), widely recognized for its agile bel canto sound and artistic excellence, provides high quality music education and performance opportunities to more than 400 children, ages 6 to 18, from 50 communities across Southern California. Founded in 1986, LACC presents its own concerts and also performs with such leading organizations as LA Opera, LA Philharmonic, LA Master Chorale, Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra, Pasadena Symphony and POPS, Calder Quartet, Jacaranda and MUSE/IQUE. The Chorus includes six ensembles – Concert Choir, Chamber Singers, Young Men’s Ensemble, Intermediate Choir, Apprentice Choir and Preparatory Choir – and a First Experiences in Choral Singing Ensemble and First Experiences in Singing program for 6-7-year-olds. Recipient of Chorus America’s 2014 Margaret Hillis Award for Choral Excellence, the nation’s highest choral honor, LACC has toured North and South America, Africa, China, Cuba, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Europe. It appears on John Williams' latest recording, John Williams & Steven Spielberg: The Ultimate Collection, release in 2017, as well as the Los Angeles Master Chorale’s critically acclaimed Decca recording A Good Understanding, and Plácido Domingo’s Deutsche Grammophon recording Amore Infinito ("Infinite Love"). For more information, please visit www.lachildrenschorus.org