Los Angeles, CA
Independent Shakespeare Co.
About Independent Shakespeare Co.
Independent Shakespeare Co's mission is to bring Los Angeles together through exuberant, surprising productions of classical plays as well as new works. As an organization, we are inclusive and represent the breadth of our community on stage, off stage, and in the audience. We are seeking staff members who thrive in a high-energy environment, believe in the ability of the arts to change the world, and are passionate about their community and their own creativity. The work environment is dynamic and fast paced so we are seeking individuals who are flexible, organized, can juggle multiple projects and are self-starters. We practice radical hospitality – meaning we strive to treat our audience, our community, our customers, and our artists with the utmost respect.
Our centerpiece program is the Griffith Park Free Shakespeare Festival, which occurs each summer in Griffith Park and attracts 50,000 audience members annually. We also create theater year-round in our indoor space, the Studio. In this intimate venue, we present both classical plays as well as develop new work, hold classes, and create the occasional vaudeville performance.
Both the ISC offices and the Studio are located at the Atwater Arts + Innovation Complex in the Los Angeles neighborhood of Atwater Village. We seek individuals who are able to troubleshoot, to take responsibility when you see that someone needs help of any kind, and to be an enthusiastic ambassador of ISC’s mission. You should also enjoy working outdoors and in a collaborative environment. If this sounds good to you, please consider applying!
Start date is immediate. ISC is an equal opportunity employer.
This part-time (15 hours per week) position reports to the Development and Communications Manager and works closely with the ISC Artistic Director. You will be a key team member when it comes to planning and executing marketing campaigns and initiatives to promote the full calendar including performances, special events, education programs and fundraising events.
• Participate in content development for social media platforms
• Collaborate and execute social media strategies, and implement electronic promotions to increase audience engagement
• Assist with the graphic design of print materials and digital campaigns
• Assist with the production of communications tools, including weekly email newsletters, and creating compelling online content for distribution, including promotional image campaigns
ESSENTIAL QUALITIES AND SKILLS
• Sense of humor
• Knowledge of or interest in theater
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with social media platforms and email marketing services
• Graphic design skills - experience with one or more of the following: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop
• Attention to detail
• Ability to take direction and work well in a deadline drive, fast-paced, creative environment
• Friendly and approachable, confident in making initial approaches to organizations by email or telephone
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Capable of handling multiple projects concurrently
• Organized, self-motivated and reliable
• Flexibility regarding work schedule
If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume either via snail mail or
Sarah Cronk, Office Administrator
Independent Shakespeare Co.
3191 Casitas Ave. #168
Los Angeles, CA 90039
Please be sure to include the position title in the subject line of your email.