Balboa Park Cultural Partnership
Balboa Park, CA
Balboa Park Cultural Partnership is hiring a full-time Marketing Coordinator. A successful candidate will have exceptional writing skills, ability to develop and execute marketing plans and campaigns along with an eye for detail in creation and editing. The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for promoting the Balboa Park Explorer Annual, Multi-Day and One-Day passes using strategic communication and effective marketing and campaigns. They will identify, develop and disseminate key messages for current and potential pass holders using social media, newsletters, advertising and public relations opportunities.
The Marketing Coordinator will report directly to the Manager, Ticketing & Sales. Duties include:
Strategy & Administration:
- Developing, presenting and implementing annual strategic marketing plan and campaigns for Annual, One-Day and Multi-Day Explorers including tracking and target ROI for each.
- Identifying strategies to make effective regular contact to promote through newsletters, phone calls, emails, and postcards with current Annual Explorers.
- Developing and managing direct marketing efforts with Manager, Ticketing & Sales, including renewal letters and newsletters.
- Increasing renewal rates for Annual Explorers and recommend strategies and resources to achieve goals. Able to identify deficiencies in marketing of renewals and implement future growth.
- Understanding of list trading and ability to manage lists.
- Organizing and archiving past Explorer collateral.
- Attending Explorer events and relevant festivals and community events.
- Creating email campaigns and newsletters using Mail2 including: weekly and monthly newsletters including a printed monthly version.
- Creating Bi-Monthly En Bloc! e-newsletter and print targeting Founding Patrons and Balboa Park trustees.
- Working collaboratively and negotiating with graphic designers and other vendors to coordinate production of all collateral materials such as postcards and newsletters.
- Collaboratively develop and oversee contests and giveaways for social media and e-newsletters.
- Increasing opportunity for special event crossover marketing with Maker Faire and other future events.
- Developing and implementing Explorer Experiences to cultivate Annual Explorer relationships.
- Writing press releases and media advisories, as required.
- Following up on press releases, archiving coverage, contacting media and government officials, arranging for sound system and set up-breakdown, etc. for press events.
- Coordinating photo opportunities and media interviews as they arise.
- Tracking coverage and retaining copies/records of coverage.
- Working with contracted agencies, as required.
- Fostering and building partnerships with marketing managers in Balboa Park as well as outside Balboa Park.
- Maintain Explorer marketing calendar.
- Maintain photo library.
- Execute, analyze and coordinate marketing research.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in marketing.
- Team player — works to ensure team goals are met or exceeded with strong leadership qualities.
- Proactive attitude with an ability to operate under pressure and meet established deadlines.
- Creative and innovative with strong project management and organizational skills.
- Very strong verbal and copywriting skills for e-newsletters and print media.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds and sit or stand for long periods of time. Work will include some long hours, evenings and weekends as needed.
Additional experience in the following a plus:
- Experience with PR and printed media
- B.A. in marketing or communications
- Graphic design skills
- Experience with Tessitura Ticketing Software, venue passes, membership, and/or non-profit organization
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
Position type: Full-time, 40 hours a week, non-exempt. Weekdays (8:00am to 5:00pm) and weekends and evenings as needed. Balboa Park Cultural Partnership offers competitive compensation and a benefits package that includes medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, discounts at select Balboa Park restaurants and shops, and free admission to member museums.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample – all in .PDF format – via e-mail to email@example.com by close of business on March 29th, 2016.
Please put “BPCP Marketing Coordinator: [Insert your first initial and last name]” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
This job description is intended as an illustrative guide to the general job responsibilities and is not inclusive of every duty the employee is expected to perform. The Balboa Park Cultural Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.