Grand Vision Foundation
San Pedro, CA
Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Date of Hire: March 2016
Job Grade/ Compensation: Full time, Hourly, Non-Exempt: $16-$18/hr
Reports to: Artistic Director (Executive Director in AD's absence)
Grand Vision Foundation, an arts presenting non-profit, seeks a highly organized and outgoing candidate with excellent communication skills and a passion for music to fill the Marketing Coordinator position. The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for the implementation of the organization’s marketing plan and the timely scheduling and production of print, online, and advertising materials, primarily for the Grand Annex, a small live music venue. 15% of time may be spent to support programming activities.
- Coordinate the production & distribution of printed materials according to organization’s strategies and protocols. Includes but not limited to: posters, flyers, mailers, print & online ads
- Coordinate and deliver email campaigns through Mailchimp
- Maintain the Grand Vision website’s content. Includes but is not limited to: event listings, website articles, homepage slideshow, sponsorship listings
- Create sales campaigns for each Grand Annex performance and coordinate outreach through phone sales and targeted emails
- Create and deliver press releases, media relations content
- Develop a “Social Media Plan” biannually (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & other online outreach)
- Maintain and develop marketing trades with local non-profits and other related organizations
- Assist with Grand Benefit Partners and Dining Package Programs.
- Maintain Grand Vision Foundation’s Warner Grand Theatre & Grand Annex inventory
- Assist with Grand Vision Foundation special events including Gathering for the Grand gala.
- Assist with Grand Annex events including house management support
- Be willing to work overtime of otherwise adjust schedule to include evening or weekend hours.
- Basic office support: answer phones, complete ticket sales, and basic clerical support when needed
- Bachelor’s degree. Music business studies preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience with marketing, social media, and event planning or concert production
- Creative and self-motivated thinker with a positive attitude
- Basic Knowledge of Photoshop, Google Docs, and general proficiency with technology
- Excellent organizational, and communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience posting on social media sites.
- Data entry experience
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Experience with CRM software, Square POS Systems or Shopkeep is a plus
This is a full-time, 40 hr/week position. Some weekend work is required. Pay is commensurate with experience. To apply, please email the following in ONE PDF document: cover letter, resume, and a one-page writing sample (acceptable samples: blog post or press release) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission of Grand Vision Foundation is to inspire and engage the diverse Los Angeles Harbor/South Bay community through culturally inclusive arts and educational experiences centered on the historic Warner Grand Theatre and the Grand Annex in downtown San Pedro. Underlying Grand Vision’s efforts is our belief that local arts have the power to bridge cultural boundaries, inspire the local economy, and unite and enrich our community.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.