A Noise Within Theatre
A Noise Within is seeking a passionate, engaged, and resourceful marketing and events assistant to support, manage, and execute successful marketing campaigns to increase awareness of our performances and events during our exciting 25th Anniversary season.
This entry level, four-month temporary position requires 35-40 hours per week, with the possibility of transition into a full time position in 2017. The successful candidate will have some experience in marketing and events (preferably at a non-profit); a demonstrated ability to work well with others; excellent presentation and writing skills; computer skills and proficiency in the area of digital marketing, social media, and website management; and an interest in theatre.
Preferred start date: Sept 6, 2016. Hourly compensation: $12. No benefits.
- Work with marketing team to create appropriate and consistent content and graphics for printed and digital communications material, which includes but is not limited to mass email communications, newsletter articles, presentation material, event materials, and advertising.
- Coordinate, update, and oversee social media presence and website content
- Maintain media archive, including print and digital clippings, photo, video and other media assets
- Administration, coordination and oversight of event/venue set-up and strike, catering, equipment arrangements, create meeting agendas and event schedules
- Solicit items for silent/live auction and raffles and in-kind donations
- Assist with the development of all event-related promotional materials including invitations, programs, signage, auction catalogs, tribute books (collecting logos, photos, bios etc)
- Closely interact with a spectrum of individuals including: internal staff, vendors, caterers, volunteers, prospects, donors, committee members, and Board Members
- Perform other support tasks as needed
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 1-3 years of experience with communications and/or events, preferably at a nonprofit
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Access to a reliable car as frequent local travel is required
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
- Some evening and weekend work required
- Knowledge of basic html and CSS, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office suite, and google analytics
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Marketing and Events Assistant - temporary”. No calls please.
About A Noise Within
A Noise Within, celebrating its 25th Anniversary during the 2016-2017 season, was recently named “one of the nation's premier classical repertory companies” by The Huffington Post, and is a leading regional producer based in Pasadena, CA. ANW’s award-winning resident company practices a rotating repertory model at their state-of-the-art, 283-seat performing space. This venue, established in 2011, has allowed ANW to expand its audience, surpassing its previous box office, subscription, and attendance records each year. In addition to producing world-class performances of classical theatre, the organization runs robust education programs committed to inspiring diverse audiences of all ages. Helmed by Producing Artistic Directors Geoff Elliott and Julia Rodriguez-Elliott, who hold MFAs from San Francisco’s American Conservatory Theatre, A Noise Within truly delivers CLASSIC THEATRE, MODERN MAGIC. www.anoisewithin.org