A Noise Within Theatre
A Noise Within, California’s premiere classical repertory theatre, is currently seeking a Marketing Intern this spring! Are you proactive, curious, and passionate about the arts? Are you looking for hands-on experience in a dynamic, team-based environment? Do you want your internship to make a difference?
The Marketing intern will report to the Marketing Director under supervision of the Marketing and Development Coordination to support day-to-day marketing needs and long-term projects.
Duties will include:
- Research and outreach to community groups, targeting group sales and single ticket offers
- Support Marketing Assistant in developing and managing online content—ranging from content creation/brainstorming; updating webpages; researching supplemental materials for productions; creating and maintaining a social media calendar; developing digital engagement tools
- Organize press materials from press kits to online, digital, and physical press archives
- Proofreading, editing, and calendar maintenance archiving
- Work with staff on marketing and creating The Great Escape, a full-day immersive theatre experience (to be held twice in the spring)
Interns with initiative will also have the opportunity to tailor their experience at ANW, developing their understanding of subjects that most interest them.
They will be able to gain relevant experience in such areas as:
- Online and digital marketing
- Graphic design and print advertising
- Community outreach
- Content creation
- Production Research
- Marketing theatre programming
Marketing Interns are expected to be organized, self-motivated, and detail oriented. Competence in working with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook is strongly preferred. Interns will also often be asked to lift up to 20 pounds.
This position is unpaid. Interns must commit to working at least 10 hours per week for 4 months. A weekly travel stipend is available for interns working at least 20 hours per week. Interns will also receive free tickets to A Noise Within productions.
To apply, send a resume and a short paragraph about what excites you most about this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Marketing Intern’ in the subject line.
Visit www.anoisewithin.org for more information about the organization.