Kidspace Children's Museum
Department: Operations/ Education
Reports to: Floor Supervisors
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for facilitating guest experiences on behalf of the Museum.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct and lead educational programs including interactive presentations and role-playing
- Act as the facilitator of exhibit curriculum and activities in assigned exhibit area
- Answer guests inquires and provide museum information
- Assist with training new staff and volunteers on education program
- Assist with coordination and implementation of birthday parties and camps
- Perform retail assistance as needed
- Additional job duties as assigned
- Design - Demonstrates attention to detail and highly organized for maximum efficiency
- Oral Communication - Exceptional communication, phone and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with a wide variety of clientele and internal personnel
- Written Communication – writes clearly and informatively
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; keeps emotions under control
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism – Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner; approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; follows through on commitments
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans. Strong multi-tasking and coordination abilities to meet tight deadlines
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Quantity - Meets work standards; completes work in timely manner
- Action - Exceptional follow-through/follow-up abilities
- Attendance/Punctuality - is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Minimum Job Requirement:
- Minimum 2 years experience teaching or tutoring children ages 1-9 in the arts, sciences and/or humanities and dealing with a background in customer service is preferred
- Knowledge of implementing age-appropriate interactive teaching practices
- Available at least 20 hours/week, including one weekend day required, occasional holidays and evenings
- Previous experience using email, Internet, Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- High School Diploma or GED
- Kidspace is largely an outdoor facility, exposure to outdoor elements is required.
- Physical and mental requirements (management reserves the right to change the physical or mental requirements set forth):
- Physical: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, twisting, sitting, driving, viewing.
- Mental: perform simple and repetitive tasks, comprehend and follow instructions, maintain work pace appropriate to given workload, perform complex or varied tasks, relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions, effectively influence people or decisions on a consistent basis, make generalizations, evaluations or decisions without immediate supervision, accept and carry out responsibility for direction, control, and planning, answer office telephones.
Qualified applicants should email their cover letter and resume with references to email@example.com.