LA Packing, Crating and Transport
Los Angeles, CA
L.A. Packing, Crating and Transport, an International Fine Art Shipping, Handling and Storage Company based in Los Angeles has a Museum Specialist/Special Projects Assistant position available. Join a well-respected team who for 39 years has gained a reputation for excellence in the art community. Clients include museums, galleries, artists, collectors, and institutions.
The qualified applicant must have a bachelor’s degree or be a student working on a bachelor’s degree, experience in an art related field, administrative/office experience, good math skills, computer literate. Must be highly organized and accurate. Museum registrar, gallery, auction house experience advantageous.
Located walking distance to Expo Line, Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30-5:30
HOW TO APPLY
To apply email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Museum Specialist/Special Projects Assistant: Assists with coordinating the installation, transportation, packing/crating, and storage of artwork specifically for museums, museum exhibitions and special projects including sculpture rigging. Assists with entering information from exhibition checklists and generating orders and receipts. Also assists coordination of jobs for non-profit institutions including colleges/universities. Reports directly to Museum Specialist. Seeking candidate who is highly organized and accurate, with the ability to multi task and work in a fast pace environment. Experience in a Registrar’s Office advantageous.
Museum Specialist/Special Projects Assistant Responsibilities:
- Assists with typing client estimates and orders.
- Assists with generating accurate Bills of Lading and Warehouse Receipts.
- Assists with communicating with outside vendors (ex: art shuttle companies) for museum exhibition transport.
- Type accurate and comprehensive multi-page exhibition checklists into the database in a timely manner.
- Assists with communicating pertinent information to other departments within the company to ensure that projects run smoothly.
- Assists with billing completed orders.
- Research museum projects to fill in missing information to help provide accurate estimates.
- Assists with coordinating travel plans and logistics for conferences for the Museum Specialist.
- Covers the Museum Specialist’s desk when s/he is away by responding to client e-mails, questions about shipments and monitoring ongoing jobs.
- Research previous museum exhibition consolidations that L.A. Packing has worked on to provide accurate information for exhibition dispersals.
- Organize complicated shipments by labeling packed artworks and making sure that checklists and receipts are accurate and updated.
- Update Bill of Ladings for ongoing jobs to reflect new and important information.
- Assists with preparing marketing materials to be mailed out to prospective clients.
- Assists with inventory of marketing materials for site visits and conferences.
- Assists with the organizing and logistics of annual holiday gift deliveries for the Museum Specialist’s clients.
- Researches storage inventory questions for the Museum Specialist’s clients.
- Files and organizes estimates.