San Pedro, CA
Grand Vision Foundation
The mission of Grand Vision Foundation is to inspire and engage the diverse Los Angeles Harbor/South Bay community through culturally inclusive arts and educational experiences centered on the historic Warner Grand Theatre and the Grand Annex in downtown San Pedro. Underlying Grand Vision’s efforts is our belief that local arts have the power to bridge cultural boundaries and unite our community.
Since 2009, Grand Vision Foundation’s Meet the Music programming (MTM) has provided music education opportunities to Title I elementary schools in the LA Harbor area. We are currently hiring an Education Assistant for a 10-14 hour a week, 6 month assignment, beginning in early January. This position has the possibility of developing into a longer assignment.
The MTM Education Assistant will perform a variety of tasks as assigned by the Director of Education, including but not limited to: assisting Teaching Artists in the classroom (including Recorders-in-Schools program and Roots of Music Program), gathering resource material for in-school lessons, preparing the theater and monitoring students during monthly world music concerts, entering evaluation data, following-up with school and partner contacts, and general administrative duties as needed.
Please email PDF attachments (with your name in the title) of your resume and a short cover letter explaining why your experience and qualifications match this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: MTM Education Assistant. No phone calls please. More information is available at http://www.grandvision.org/education/meet-the-music.
- A curious, creative, dedicated and outgoing personality required.
- A commitment to children and love for the arts required.
- College senior or recent graduate required, preferably in Arts Education, Music Education or a related field.
- Credit towards a teaching credential or teaching experience is preferred.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office programs and media programs required.
- Reliable transportation and a valid CA driver’s license is required.
- Spanish fluency preferred.
Do you like this post?