Description & Details
This position is responsible for the duties of Music Librarian and will also serve as an Artistic Collaborator. Duties include the purchase, rental and preparation of scores and parts for all performances. The Librarian also works in collaboration with the Music Director and Artistic Programs Manager to research and develop unique, highly curated programs for our summer orchestra concert series.
• Collaborate with Music Director and Artistic Programs Manager to create programs for summer orchestra concerts. Assist Artistic Programs Manager with programming research as requested, and consult with Music Director regarding arrangements and editions.
• Research arrangements/editions and determine rental needs and prices.
• Order, rent and prepare scores and parts for all performances.
• Transcribing and arranging when needed.
• Prepare all music for distribution to musicians for each concert, including managing bowing timelines, marking cuts, fixing page turns/errata, and transferring bowings and markings among parts.
• Distribute music to players at rehearsals and concerts.
• Collect all music following rehearsals and concerts, and return to library or publishers as appropriate.
• Curate MUSE/IQUE’s music library, cataloguing acquisitions, and maintaining an orderly collection.
• Ensure proper licensing for all repertoire performed by the orchestra.
MUSE/IUE seeks an experienced, outgoing, creative and enthusiastic individual to oversee management of the music library and to collaborate with the Artistic Programs Manager and Artistic Director during the planning process.
• Two years of experience working with a professional orchestra as an orchestra librarian
• Experience working with a union orchestra
• Extensive classical musical knowledge
• Collaborative and positive attitude
• Obsessive attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Flexibility and willingness to take initiative when needed
REPORTS TO: Artistic Programs Manager
JOB TO BEGIN: Immediately upon offer, if available
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org