Arts for LA Hiring Development & Communications Manager
Arts for LA seeks a full-time Development and Communications Manager to join our dynamic, collaborative team. This position will be one of three full-time employees at the nonprofit arts advocacy organization serving the Los Angeles County region. Applicants are strongly urged to explore ArtsforLA.org to learn more about the organization’s activities, values and programs.
The Development and Communications Manager must be an excellent writer and editor. He/she will be expected to synthesize information into news stories, blogs and social media posts, disseminating content quickly and accurately. The position requires online technology and new media knowledge, including ability to utilize CRM technology, creation of e-blasts, and familiarity with online communications tactics and strategy. He/she will also oversee the organization’s robust contributed income portfolio, including membership, foundation and government grants, and individual giving. Experience with advocacy is a plus, as is knowledge of Spanish or another language.
Integrity, oral and written communication skills, and a sense of humor are valued. Grace under pressure is essential, especially during time-sensitive advocacy campaigns.
This is a full-time 40hr/wk position working out of the Arts for LA offices in downtown Los Angeles. Salary range: $35,000 - $40,000 DOE.
Health, dental and vision benefits included. Paid parking. Employee will be reimbursed for all job-related expenditures. Limited local and national travel may be required.
Development & Grant Management:
- Identify funding opportunities and maintain a grant-writing schedule
- Initiate and write applications
- Design supplementary materials, print, package and send
- Stay abreast of invoicing and reporting schedule; complete with ED & accountant
- Create daily content for ArtsforLA.org
- Manage social media
- Maintain organizational ‘style sheets’ and collateral materials
- Draft additional communications and campaigns in coordination with staff
- Maintain all contact databases
- Act as point-person for Drupal, Salsa/DIA and other web-based systems
- Design, implement and troubleshoot website elements, including forms, blogs, surveys and campaigns, independently and as requested by AFLA staff
- Design and send e-blasts and online communications
- Provide technical support to Advocacy Managers and Team Leaders as needed
- Coordinate and act as point person for five Arts Education Teams that have transitioned to a communications strategy. Liaise with each team, curating/creating content for ArtsforLA.org that highlights local arts education successes
- Take on additional projects as assigned
- Supervise full-time summer intern and part-time intern/s during the school year
- Coordinate logistics for events and convenings
- Contribute to Arts for LA’s collaborative work environment as a strategist, innovator and creative problem-solver
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and nonfiction writing sample as attachments to Danielle Brazell, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Please use your cover letter to tell us why you are the best one for the position and why you are interested in Arts for LA’s work.
Note that we are looking to hire immediately, and will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis as qualified candidates apply. The position may be filled prior to the deadline for applications.
Deadline for applications: 6:00pm on Wednesday, March 14th, 2012
Ideal start date: March 19th, 2012
Latest possible start date: March 26th, 2012