The Ojai Playwrights Conference
OJAI PLAYWRIGHTS CONFERENCE
The Ojai Playwrights Conference has an immediate opening for the role of Marketing Director. This part-time, contract position is a member of our Senior Staff, reporting to the Artistic Director/Producer and the Managing Director. Direct reports include the Box Office Manager, Digital Content Manager, Marketing Associate and Publicist.
- Serve as part of the Senior Staff year-round in decision making and discussions
- Consult with Artistic Director / Producer (AD) and Managing Director (MD) on overall marketing strategy, budget items, and income goals for annual benefit and festival
- Develop and implement marketing strategy for benefit, festival and donor solicitations
- Work with AD to develop a general theme/artwork direction for events
- Attend bi-monthly board meetings, provide marketing reports as requested
- Participate in staff meetings and conference calls as scheduled
- Check company info email and voicemail regularly and distributes response needs
- Oversee expenditures related to annual marketing budget and website
- Submit invoices from vendors/contractors to MD on marketing related expenses
- Strive to meet earned income goals for ticket sales and ad sales for benefit and festival
- Oversees copy/content and graphic design for all OPC marketing efforts
- Oversees Public Relations and works with the Publicist in securing reviews and feature articles about OPC
- Oversees and works with Digital Content Manager on web design and content, social media content and strategy, and photography
- Oversees box office and database management and operations along with the Box Office Manager.
- Oversees and develops Ojai community relationships with the help of the Marketing Associate.
- Bachelors Degree and/or Masters Degree preferred, preferably with a concentration in Marketing and/or Arts Management
- A minimum of five years working in marketing efforts for an organization of similar or larger size, experience in nonprofit theatre marketing a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments and wear multiple hats as needed, and the ability to function in a fast-paced environment with joy and camaraderie
- Familiarity with Vendini and Adobe Creative Suite highly desired
- Knowledge of and relationships with the Ojai Community a plus
- Knowledge of and interest in playwrights both emerging and established and a passion for theatre preferred
- Must to travel to Ojai for the Benefit (one week/weekend in April) and the Conference (currently scheduled for August 1 – 14) – housing and meals provided
Weekly hours vary from minimal-to-none during slow months (generally September – December) to many during the busy months leading up to our events (March-August). This is a part-time, work-from-home, contract position. Position will be compensated by a yearly stipend, based on experience.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to Tiffany Moon at email@example.com