Los Angeles, CA
LA Opera is seeking energetic and experienced Camp Counselors for its three-week summer Opera Camp. As a part of Opera Camp, approximately 100 students ages 9-17 rehearse and perform an opera, participate in a variety of movement and technical workshops, and go on field trips.
More information about Opera Camp: www.laopera.org/operacamp
Opera Camp Counselors are responsible for facilitating and leading activities for campers, as well as supporting the teaching artist team and staff. They will also be responsible for the general safety and development, growth, and skill achievement of the participants in his/her group. Counselors will be responsible for an assigned group of 10-15 students for the duration of camp. The ideal candidates will be excellent multitaskers with a genuine passion for working with and empowering students in a music and/or theatrical context. Applicants should be patient, hard-working, fun-loving, and confident in their ability to motivate and assist campers in everything from learning new skills to working through stage fright.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support to teaching artists by maintaining a productive rehearsal environment
- Assist campers during the workshops and help keep camp activities moving forward
- Participate in camp activities – including, but not limited to, vocal and physical warm-ups, games, workshops, etc.
- Oversee the daily movement of his/her camper group between activities, to and from lunch, and for arrival/departure
- Facilitate group activities for campers during lunch and other free periods
- Report any notable concerns to Opera Camp staff
- Provide production assistance during performance week
Qualified candidates will have experience working with children, teaching, performing or other camp counseling. S/he will also have excellent interpersonal skills. A love of opera, music and/or theater is desired. Bilingual skills are a plus.
Compensation is $13.25/hour for three weeks, July 23-August 11, plus a day of professional development TBD during the week of July 16.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE