Los Angeles, CA
The Colburn School
Operations and Donor Relations SupervisorAdvancement DepartmentThe Colburn SchoolThe Colburn School is a performing arts school located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, neighboring Walt Disney Concert Hall, The Music Center, the Museum of Contemporary Art, and the Broad Museum. The acclaimed faculty provides students of all ages with the highest quality performing arts education, which includes a multitude of performance opportunities in a state-of-the-art facility.Since 1950, the Colburn School has equipped students with the skills, support, and opportunities needed to achieve their highest artistic goals.More than 2,000 students attend classes in the Colburn School's four units.Position summary: The Operations and Donor Relations Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the operations functions of the Advancement Department and coordinating communications for fundraising efforts. Operations functions include gift and acknowledgement processing, donor research, coordination of printed materials, tracking revenue and expense budgets.Essential Duties of the Position:Raiser’s Edge and Gift Processing
- Oversee and manage processing of gifts including documentation, entry into database, acknowledgment and filing.
- Manage donor lists for print and electronic media.
- Oversee record keeping/files/correspondence for all annual donors.
- Coordinate and communicate with Advancement Department staff regarding giving level information and benefits for donors in various giving categories.
- Produce monthly reports for the Board of Directors and Director of Advancement.
- Perform queries and exports for mailing and other lists.Donor Relations and Prospect Research
- Inform President, Senior Vice President for Advancement and External Affairs, and Director of Advancement about emerging major gift prospects.
- In conjunction with Director, develop, document and implement data entry standards for donor prospect database. This includes constituent information, as well as documenting department contacts with constituents.
- Responsible for major gift prospect research. Train and direct staff to carry out research and perform research as needed.
- Collaborate with Individual Giving Manager on the preparation and publishing of solicitation mailings and electronic appeals.Liaison to Communications Department
- Interface with the Communications Department to coordinate the production of fundraising and marketing materials.
- Review draft materials to ensure Advancement Department information is correct in all media - print, web, email, programs etc.; serve as department liaison with Communications Department.
- Participate in the writing, editing and proofing of copy for invitations, programs, web content, case statements, special appeals, and other fundraising materials.Other
- Supervise subordinate staff member(s).
- Attend meetings and events as required.
- Provides assistance to Director of Advancement.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education.
- Three years of development experience.
- Proficiency in using The Raiser’s Edge fundraising and donor management software.
- Solid writing, editing and presentation ability.
- Strong word processing, desktop publishing, and spreadsheet experience.
- Skill in preparing written reports and presentations.
- Professional demeanor, flexible and able to respond to multiple demands.
- Strong analytical, time management, and organizational skills. Ability to manage multi-faceted projects and a capacity to perform well independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, exhibiting grace under pressure.
- Must be flexible regarding work schedule. Position may require some evening and weekend work as well as the ability to work at year-end to process year-end gifts.This is a full time position. The Colburn School offers excellent salary and benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, vision insurance and more. 403(b) retirement plan with generous employer matching contribution. Vacation and sick leave benefits.Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Do you like this post?