Los Angeles, CA
Position: Operations and Finance Manager
Johnston Marklee is an award winning international architectural firm based in Westwood with a practice deeply invested in visual culture. We are a creative, fast paced firm with a current roster of projects that include several museums, cultural institutions, and esteemed private clients. Our boutique practice has steadily grown over the last 15 years, and seeks a fill a new position for a highly organized Operations and Finance Manager to oversee a team of 18 architects and designers. The successful candidate will have sophisticated verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated professional experience and strong organizational capabilities in leadership and financial analysis and management. Working closely with the principals and senior staff, the Operations and Finance Manager will be responsible for maintaining the company’s financial data which will include payroll, accounts receivable and payable, and overseeing financial project management including invoicing and income projections. The firm is seeking a candidate with superb organizational skills, a keen attention to detail, with an appreciation for the arts and architecture.
Position reports to: Principals
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with principals on growth and management strategies for practice.
- Analysis of project performance via QuickBooks and close collaboration with project managers to ensure projects remain on schedule and under budget.
- Managing financial accounts via QuickBooks including payroll, invoicing, and AR & AP, in collaboration with bookkeeper and Office Manager.
- Assisting in the organization and maintenance of project financial management including assistance on project proposals, Request for Proposal preparation, income projections and summary reports in collaboration with Project Managers.
- Supervising Office Manager to make the sure day-to-day activities of a high-functioning office run smoothly.
- Setting the direction for marketing and PR efforts as well as principals’ international lecture schedules, and working with Office Manager to implement strategies.
- Collaborating with the staff on the overall organization and efficiency of the company including HR related programs such as the intern program, new hires and benefit tracking.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills; proficiency in QuickBooks, MS Office, Excel required and basic media/design skills including Adobe CS preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively, meet deadlines, multitask, work independently, and quickly shift with changing priorities.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience; background in creative environments preferred.
- Own a car/valid driver license.
Salary/Hours: Operations and Finance Manager position is part time. Pay will be commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter, resume including references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Operations and Finance Manager” in the subject line.
Position open until filled. For immediate hire.