Side Street Projects
Side Street Projects is seeking a driven detail-oriented creative individual to lead our staff of teaching artists to work to fulfill our mission: To give artists of all ages the ability and means to support their creative endeavors. Side Street Projects is an entirely mobile artist run organization with programs that connect artists directly to communities.
Applicants must have a minimum of a Bachelors degree. A large part of this position will be managing the youth education program “The Woodworking Bus”. Education and Management experience is preferred.
- Manage education program
- Schedule and confirm Education workshops on, and off site
- cc Bookkeeper with all invoice information
- Work with Communications Manager to recruit new partners
- Oversee Teachers
- Run Payroll every 2 weeks in collaboration with Bookkeeper
- Oversee Curriculum Development and Teacher Training
- Work with ED to recruit new staff
- Work with ED to manage artist programs
- Oversee/Coordinate Site, Community, and Communications Managers
- Manage Insurance and compliance
- Continue to systemize office operations and update/streamline current systems
- Oversee Phantom ball ordering and shipping
- Various admin tasks like answering phones, overseeing the database, checking info email, and class registration.
- Lead Monthly Staff Meetings
- Participate in community related events and outreach to promote organizational goals
- There will be occasional physical work, which involves working outdoors, and lifting up to 40 pounds
Side Street Projects is run by a strong community of artists who are committed to rolling up our sleeves and supporting the mission of the organization, which includes learning and supporting each other. We are casual but efficient, and committed to social justice. Everything that we do encourages creative problem solving and self-reliance within a contemporary art context, which is reflected in our unusual operating model. Our offices are restored vintage trailers, our communication systems are 100% wireless, and it all runs on a mobile solar energy array. It is a little like camping here. Staff has access to our equipment co-op including our wood shop. Artists are encouraged to use our resources to further their own art practice.
3-month probationary period
40 hours/week salary based on qualifications starts at $42,000/yr
Staff reviews are every June
Side Street is closed on federal holidays
1 paid sick day a month cumulative (cap at 12 days)
10 days vacation per year
HOW TO APPLY
Please send Resume and Cover Letter to: Emily@sidestreet.org