West Hollywood, CA
DEPART Foundation is a non-profit arts organization dedicated to the discussion, exhibition, and promotion of art. The Foundation is committed to the development and support of contemporary artists whose work and careers represent a departure from their previous endeavors or predecessors. We are looking for an exceptionally organized and motivated intern to join our Los Angeles gallery for a part-time internship for Spring/Summer 2016.
Intern will be involved in all aspects of gallery operations including social media management, visitors relations, and planning for exhibitions and events, besides gallery maintenance, art handling, and front desk duties.
- Support and expand public relations with collectors, media contacts, artists, and the general public
- Maintain website and social media presence
- Assist in managing gallery operations
- Assist in management and coordination of installations
- Assist during events and receptions
- Organize and file press materials
- Handle valuable artworks
- Art History, Communications, Studio Arts, Marketing/Hospitality, Business/Accounting Majors (preferred)
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication
- Possess multi-tasking and coordination experience
- Passion for art; actively involved in the art community
- Demonstrate attention to details while maintaining perspective
- Interest in contemporary art
- Have working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, basic HTML
The candidate must be available 2-3 days per week (Wed-Sat) from 12 PM to 5 PM. A commitment to a minimum of three months is required.
This internship includes an honorarium of $1,000. Payment will be made in two installments. The first payment will occur midway through the internship and the second payment will occur upon completion of the internship.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate "Gallery Intern" in the e-mail subject line.