Los Angeles, CA
Reports To: Finance Director
Salary: $16-20/hour DOE
P.S. ARTS is dedicated to improving the lives of children by providing arts education to underserved public schools and communities. P.S. ARTS is the only organization in Southern and Central California that provides yearlong arts education in dance, music, theater, and visual arts to every child in a school during the regular school day. P.S. ARTS programs help level the educational playing field by teaching creative and cognitive skills to students struggling to overcome economic, ability, or literacy barriers that will better equip them to be competitive and successful people.
Under the supervision of the Finance Manager the Bookkeeper processes/posts a variety of accounting transactions such as invoices, payments, and expenses in accordance with department procedures. The bookkeeper provides support to the Finance Department by maintaining accounting files, checking and verifying accounting data; entering data into Quickbooks and using the system to research questions and generate reports. Performs related general clerical duties.
- Maintains accounting files.
- Checks and verifies accounting data
- Enters data into Quickbooks
- Work with P.S. ARTS Advancement and Programs Departments to ensure all donations and expenses are recorded
- Complete accounting cycle using Quickbooks
- Perform Accounts Payable functions
- Reconcile company debit cards receipts and expense reports
- Accurately maintains filing system of confidential accounting information
- Complete bank reconciliations
- Prepare reports using Microsoft Excel
- Performs related general clerical duties
- Experienced Bookkeeper with an excellent understanding of GAAP
- Non-Profit experience a plus
- Knowledge of Quickbooks and Excel required
- Excellent at communicating both orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain focus in a fast paced, social environment
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task
- Ability to solve practical problems in a quick and timely manner and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in a written or oral form.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change in response to organization need at the discretion of the CEO.
How to apply
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line Bookkeeper. Please no phone calls or hard copies. P.S. ARTS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)