THIS x THAT
Los Angeles, CA
THIS X THAT, an agency for emerging architects, is looking for an energetic, detail-oriented PR Assistant. This person will directly support THIS X THAT’s founders, and will work to develop and execute public relations strategy and campaigns on behalf of THIS X THAT’S clients, as well as develop press materials and strategies for THIS X THAT’s own exhibitions and projects.
The role will require 8-10 hours per week in our Los Angeles offices, with some flexibility in scheduling and the ability to work remotely on occasion. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated freelance PR or arts administration professional, or for a recent graduate with some experience looking to pursue a career in PR, or art/architecture administration or development.
- Draft press releases and prepare press mailings
- Create and maintain press kits and deliverables, ensuring that assets are organized, accessible and updated
- Follow up on press leads and requests for materials
- Maintain press contact lists, mailing lists and invitation lists
- Maintain press and pitching calendar
- Track, report and archive print and digital press coverage of THIS X THAT’s clients
- Create invitations and mailings for events and exhibitions and track RSVPs
- Lend support at offsite events
- Create and maintain exhibition checklists, sales previews, and other art + exhibition related materials
- On occasion, write project texts and assist in developing curatorial statements, proposals, company narrative and website text
- Update website when necessary
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Ability to be proactive and solutions-oriented, even if working independently or with little supervision
- Must be receptive and able to incorporate feedback into work
- Must be extremely detail-oriented
- Prior experience in a PR firm or in a PR-related role (including internships)
- Must be proficient with Mailchimp and Adobe Suite (Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator). Experience with Squarespace and/or web design/development a plus.
- Some experience in architecture and/or the art world is helpful, an interest in architecture and the arts is required
About THIS X THAT
THIS X THAT works with emerging architects, designers and artists to develop and facilitate thoughtful projects and unexpected collaborations at the intersection of art, architecture, design and culture. . Whether as part of an overall strategy, or on a project basis, THIS X THAT offers business development, product, marketing and communications, and advisory services to a wide variety of practices.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "PR Assistant" in the subject heading.