Music Center on Tour
Los Angeles, CA
Dynamic Performing Artists and Groups Sought for Educational Performances
Music Center on Tour performances serve as models of artistic excellence, inspire creative thinking and introduce young audiences to the world’s diverse cultural traditions. Our artists represent and celebrate the finest artistic contribution of the world’s cultures – from the colorful regional dances of Mexico to the exquisite music of the Middle East, from the pulsating rhythms of Brazil to the golden harmonies of 20th Century America. We are seeking artists on an ongoing basis to join our performing artist roster. If you are currently working in your discipline, have an interest in sharing your talents with students, and have the flexibility to perform during regular school hours, we encourage you to apply.
Before applying, please review our current artist directory to consider how your proposed program differs from programs already available through the Music Center. It is important to read the descriptions of artists currently on the roster as we do not duplicate programs. In accordance with the Music Center’s standard of excellence, artists should display merit expressed in their art and an effective communication style.
- Possess a love and respect for children of all cultures and from all backgrounds.
- Have excellent public speaking skills and feel comfortable simplifying complicated topics for children of all ages.
- Possess a thorough knowledge and understanding of the history of the art form and background in the culture.
- Be able to articulate the creative process in, or through, their discipline.
- Be open and receptive to evaluation and the artistic development process.
- Have a working draft for a 45 minute schoolready presentation prepared.
- Have an online presence and links to video samples demonstrating the performance.
- Have reliable transportation and be able to judge traffic patterns and possible delays to be on time for setup and performance.
- Have experience working with school age groups.
- Be able to pass a criminal background check and a TB test.
- Be able to supply a social security number, Tax ID, or proof of authorization to work in the United States.
For further information and to apply, visit:
No phone calls please.