Wallis Annenberg Center for Performing Arts
Beverly Hills, CA
The mission of the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts (aka “The Wallis”) is to create, present, and celebrate unique performing arts events and educational programs that reflect the rich cultural diversity of our community.
The Production Administrator works directly with the Directors of Programming and Production, as well as the Artistic Director, and collaborates with all departments. The Production Administrator assists in all contractual agreement preparation and execution, with visiting artists and theatrical unions, as well as provides assistance in production related operations including planning, scheduling, budgeting, payroll, and box office reconciliations.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience in theatrical administrative or production management required. Experience in other administration and/or financial areas also desired.
- Demonstrable experience in contract preparation and review.
- Knowledge of and experience working with and reporting to theatrical unions, including IATSE, AEA, AGMA, USA, SDC and AFM.
- Thorough familiarity and practice with Excel and Word required.
- Ability to plan ahead and facilitate in problem solving.
- Strong organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
- Clear understanding of the artistic process and excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and diplomacy skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Experience with touring productions and international artists desired.
- College degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Oversee and manage the full document cycle of all United Scenic Artist (USA), Society of Directors and Choreographers (SDC), Am Federation of Musicians (AFM) contracts.
- Create riders, complete deals, obtain signatures
- Complete union coversheets
- Collect all necessary tax compliance forms from visiting artists
- File copies with proper unions
- Manage full life-cycle of union and non-union contracts for presenting productions, designers, directors and other production crew. This process includes document creation, updating, maintenance, and tracking of the contracts.
- Distribute fully executed contracts to necessary departments. Share specific production needs with other departments regarding complimentary tickets, billing requirements, specific technical or rehearsal needs, etc.
- Report theater season statistics to unions as needed and/or required.
- Ensure that The Wallis’s is always up to date on its annual music licensing rights (ASCAP/BMI).
- Oversee, organize, and file all programming contracts.
- Confirm producer licensing fee and author royalty authorization.
- Create and confirm royalty and box office revenue share settlement reports for all required productions. Ensure proper payments of actors, stage managers, etc.
- Distribute or mail checks to the actors, stage managers, etc.
- Manage and track department check requests.
- Provide overall management and filing of all show and production contracts (hard and soft copies, electronic tracking system).
- Maintain up-to-date contract language including mandates from unions (SDC, USA, AFM), tax board and internal departments (HR, Accounting).
- Develop future commissioning and producing agreements.
- Oversee contractual payment obligations for cast, creative, and production teams and track accordingly.
- Report theater season statistics to AEA, SDC and LORT as needed.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: stand for extended periods; sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate computer and other office equipment required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.