Heidi Duckler Dane Theatre
Los Angeles, CA
HEIDI DUCKLER DANCE THEATRE seeks a full-time PRODUCTION MANAGER
Company: Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre Position: Production Manager
Position Description: Working closely with the Artistic/Executive Director, Strategic Director, and Experience Director, the Production Manager will be responsible for managing the company’s production logistics, vendor and contractor relationships, and supervising production staff and artists. Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre is seeking a candidate with exceptional communication and writing skills, an eye for detail, a desire for a career in arts administration, and a passion for the performing arts.
Position reports to: Artistic/Executive Director and Experience Director
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the Project Managers for each of the company’s productions and events.
- Schedule and supervise production meetings, and report all production activities to the Experience Director.
- Develop a production and rehearsal schedule, facilitate communication between administrative and production teams and the artists, and manage production logistics from pre-production through load-out.
- Provide Company Management duties: secure and maintain relationships with vendors, contractors and any other logistical personnel essential to the successful execution of the project.
- Ensure accountability and compliance with all company production policies among the staff and artists.
- Assist in making orders, picking up supplies, and tracking project expenses and revenues in financial budgets.
- Ensure all projects remain on time and on budget.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills; strong project management software skills, Photoshop, and advanced, high-level media skills (e.g. QLab) preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively, meet deadlines, multitask, work independently, supervise large teams, and quickly shift with changing priorities.
- Undergraduate college degree required.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience; background in the arts preferred.
- Own a car/valid driver license.
Salary/Hours: The Production Manager will work full-time, 40 hours per week. Pay will be commensurate with experience.
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include “Production Manager” in the subject line.
Position open until filled. For late April 2016 hire.
Company Description: Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre creates innovative dance experiences in non-traditional places and provides learning opportunities in diverse neighborhoods. We invite our audience and artists to engage with one another and connect with their community in ways they have never experienced before. Founded in 1985, Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre is a nonprofit, site-specific dance performance company based in Los Angeles, California.