Large-Scale Public Art Installation: June 2016
Los Angeles, CA
LA-based artists seek highly-motivated independent PRODUCTION MANAGER/EVENT COORDINATOR for an upcoming series of public art installations. This art collective creates experimental free, public installations in unexpected sites in LA, and seeks an experienced person to join a team that creates innovative, immersive public art experiences in Los Angeles.
Working closely with the artists, the Production Manager will be responsible for managing the installation’s production logistics, vendor and contractor relationships, and supervising production staff.
Seeking a candidate with exceptional communication and writing skills, an eye for detail, a desire for a career in arts administration, and a passion for public art.
To do this job you need great creative problem solving and trouble-shooting skills, organizational skills, and are able to work under pressure in a fast-paced shifting environment.
• Hire and organize teams of production leaders and assistants to carry out the project.
• Schedule and supervise production meetings, and maintain clear communication about all production activities with the artists.
• Develop a production and prototyping schedule, facilitate communication between administrative and production teams and the artists, and manage production logistics from pre-production through load-out.
• Provide company management duties: secure and maintain relationships with vendors, contractors and any other logistical personnel essential to the successful execution of the project.
• Assist in making orders, picking up supplies, and tracking project expenses and revenues in financial budgets, collecting invoices from vendors/artists/and other team-members and coordinating payments with the accounting department.
• Ensure all projects remain on time and on budget.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills; strong project management software skills, and inter-personal skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively, meet deadlines, multitask, work independently, supervise large teams, and quickly shift with changing priorities.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Flexible approach for dealing with varied tasks
• Undergraduate college degree required.
• Must have experience in live event, art installation, or film production.
• Experience coordinating with public agencies and private businesses a plus.
• Minimum 2 years of leadership experience; background in the arts preferred.
• Possesses reliable source of transportation for getting to remote sites in LA.
The Production Manager will work full-time during the pre-production and production period. Pay will be commensurate with experience. Pre-production starts May 5. Installations will take place between June 7 and June 15.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Production Manager” in the subject line.
Application deadline: April 22, 2016
This LA-based art collective creates innovative art experiences that are free and open to the public in non-traditional sites in Los Angeles.