Los Angeles, CA
The mission of The Pablove Foundation is to invest in underfunded, cutting-edge pediatric cancer research and improve the lives of children living with cancer through the arts and arts education.
The Pablove Foundation is one the nation’s fastest growing innovative philanthropic organizations focused on childhood cancer. We are revolutionizing the way people view kids living with cancer by addressing the needs of this community through art and science. Kids living with cancer are special - they live amazing lives full of inspiration, hope, love, and laughter. We are honored to serve them and their families while engaging our supporters by telling their stories.
Pablove is looking for a Program Director to lead our hard-working, mission-driven Pablove Shutterbugs team. The Pablove Shutterbugs community is the heartbeat of our organization, and we are looking for an ambitious, creative program director to oversee our signature arts education program. The ideal candidate for the Program Director position lives for arts education and knows the ins and outs of teaching photography to children while understanding the importance of connecting our mission to a community of engaged constituents. This is an exciting stage for our new team leader, who wants to work hard (and work with others) to redefine how Pablove is seen as an innovative and impactful organization while achieving our vision to help kids with cancer live – a love-filled life today, and a cancer-free life tomorrow.
Reporting to the VP of Programs, the Pablove Shutterbugs Program Director will have the following responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Support our team ethos and collaborate closely with members of the programs team and other Pablove staff as Program Director.
- Envision, lead, and creatively work to strengthen the program’s approach, expansion strategy, and philosophy on working with children, teens, and families living with cancer. Enhancing our arts education curriculum as Program Director.
- Oversee streamlining and implementation of Pablove Shutterbugs arts education program and ensure long-term goals, objectives, and logistics to achieve success at national level
- Lead and inspire the Pablove Shutterbugs team members including full time staff, local teaching artists, mentors, and volunteers as Program Director. Promote a culture of high performance that values continuous improvement and a commitment to excellence. Focus on providing feedback, support, and training to develop staff skills and abilities.
- Create annual budget and and maintain fiscal responsibility for Shutterbugs program
- Stay informed on best practices in arts education programming including but not limited to models and approaches in creative youth development, arts healing, and community arts; ensure best practices are utilized in program development and evaluation
- Direct Pablove Shutterbugs Alumni Summer Camp and ensure its success by overseeing all aspects of camp including budget, staffing, training, admission, photography curriculum, and camper life
- Be a leader, thought partner, and problem solver; supporting and coaching program staff with all models including advanced, alumni summer camp, and fundamentals classes
- 4+ years experience in arts education programming with increasing responsibility and leadership
- 8+ years of professional work experience
- An incredible passion for our mission that invigorates and excites everyone with whom you share it with
- A strong and proven track record in arts education curriculum development, youth and adolescent development, and community outreach
- Solid experience in supervising full-time staff in teams of 3 or more
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the importance of team building, positive outlook, collaboration, and flexibility
- A sense of humor
THIS IS YOU!
You really like people.
You have a natural ability to form rewarding relationships with other people. You are excited to work with our diverse constituency, including Shutterbugs students and their families. You’re a skilled conversationalist who enjoys meeting new supporters, developing and maintaining relationships, and leading a team with intelligence, diplomacy, and professionalism.
While you come to Pablove with incredible experience, you understand that working with children living with cancer via arts education requires a thirst for learning from and collaborating with your colleagues and professionals from other sectors to elevate Pablove Shutterbugs to the next level. Your philosophy is that you can never know too much.
You go for it.
You have the experience and courage to execute on bold ideas. As an arts education professional, you have a keen understanding that Pablove Shutterbugs is not just purely administrative or solely focused on teaching arts. Your left brain and your right brain work together to execute strategies that combine Pablove’s brand, creativity, analytics, and business savvy. You’re a master at using a mix of big picture strategy, focus on details, problem solving, and creative ideation to build scalable systems with your team.
You've got the enthusiasm, dedication, and sense of humor to contribute to and be part of an awesome, rapidly growing team. Your experience proves that you thrive in a creative, fast-paced environment and you know that communication and relationship building are key to your success. You live to coach and mentor others and welcome feedback and guidance yourself. This has always been a critical part of your journey as a leader as our Program Director.
You’re in it to win it (for children living with cancer)!
You understand and appreciate that childhood cancer is a long game that requires galvanizing multiple communities including partnering with important stakeholders – our donors. We want our Program Director to have an unwavering belief that children living with cancer lead special lives and have the ability to express and improve their outlook through photography, and make a difference for other children who will one day walk a similar path.
How to Apply
For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to jobs at pablove.org.
The Pablove Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide an excellent package of health, vision, and dental, 403(b) retirement plan, medical flexible spending account, unlimited vacation policy (just get your work done!), paid holidays, casual dress, and killer summer bbq’s.
All employees at The Pablove Foundation undertake other duties as needed and all positions require flexible work hours, including evenings and weekends.
Job Type: Full-time