Los Angeles, CA
The Program Director, youTHink guides the program in advancing its vision of youthled creative social change. The Program Director oversees the development and implementation of all in- and out-of-school youth development programming, including the Student Ambassador Program, school-based residencies, college access programs, multi-session arts- and action-based projects such as Teens and Government in Action. In doing so, this position manages the evaluation program, community engagement, and the program budget, participates in obtaining and reporting on grants and other funding opportunities, as well as manages all program staff, teaching artists/facilitators, and program interns.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. PROGRAM DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
• Develop and revise program vision, goals, objectives, and calendar
• Design and oversee all programming, including curriculum design, facilitator support, materials creation, and youth engagement.
• Design and lead the year-long Student Ambassador Program – High School
• Recruit, hire, train, and supervise program Teaching Artists and Facilitators and interns
• Develop and implement professional development opportunities for staff, teaching artists, and facilitators
2. PROGRAM EVALUATION & ASSESSMENT
• Design and implement program evaluation and assessment tools
• Synthesize evaluation findings, report to Managing Director and Development Director
• Conduct observations and provide feedback to facilitators and teaching artists.
Conduct periodic evaluations of contracted teaching staff.
3. COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
• Build and maintain partnerships with schools (teachers and staff), community based organizations, universities, and other partnering institutions and individuals
• Develop recruitment strategy for programming, engaging with community partners, schools, and youth leaders; lead the student recruitment efforts
• Oversee communications strategies, including print, social media, and web content
• Represent youTHink at community events
• Represent youTHink at conferences/events in the field
• Manage program budget
• Work with development staff to craft grant narratives and supporting material
Reports to: COO/Managing Director
Oversees: Program Staff, Contracted Teaching Artists/Facilitators, Interns
Position Created: 6/26/17
Position Updated: N/A
• 3-5 years program management experience
• Understanding of and experience in the fields of creative youth development, social justice education, and/or arts education
• Understanding of the assets and needs of youth in Title 1 schools and first generation college students
• Minimum 5 years teaching artist or facilitation experience, in and/or out of the classroom, with middle and high school-aged youth
• Ability to engage with a variety of community stakeholders
• Experience supervising staff, and supporting junior staff through professional growth
• Self-directed, autonomous, and trustworthy
• Ability to collaborate with program and leadership staff to execute program mission and vision
• Must be able to work occasional evening and weekend hours during programming
• Must have own transportation, valid State of California driver’s license, and proof of automobile insurance for traveling to programs as well as transportation of materials
• Bachelors degree, or relevant equivalent experience
Additional preferred experience:
• Bilingual, English and Spanish
• Knowledge of, and experience in college access services
• Masters degree in arts, education, administration, social work, or other related field
youTHink is program of ShareWell, which is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and strives to build a staff that reflects the cultural diversity of Los Angeles, the constituencies, and neighborhoods it serves.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume, including references, to email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the opportunity. Thank you for your understanding.