Los Angeles, CA
Center for Cultural Innovation
TITLE: Programs Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Managing Director (or designated Manager)
DATE: As January 4, 2016
General Description: Responsible for managing CCI’s educational programs, including workshops and other programs, and for providing general administrative support to CCI operations by maintaining databases, working with benefit partners and affiliates, answering phones, responding to emails and filing. Assisting the Managing Director with grant program. Reports to the Managing Director.
Organization: The Center for Cultural Innovation (CCI) is a California nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization with offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco. Founded in 2001, the mission of CCI is to promote knowledge sharing, networking and financial independence for individual artists by providing business training, grants and incubating innovative projects that create new program knowledge, tools and practices for artists in the field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plans and coordinates the implementation of CCI workshops and seminars in Los Angeles, the Bay Area and other locations as may be required.
2. Generates workshop and training ideas based on what artists need.
3. Serves as main contact with trainers and consultants to coordinate the scheduling and contracting of consultant/trainers, vendors and venues that may be involved in the presentation of CCI training and educational programs.
4. Builds and maintains relationships with current and prospective trainers.
5. Attends and monitors workshops to provide program oversight and oversee program evaluation and reporting that may be required for individual classes, trainers, and other related CCI programming.
6. Supports the activities of securing funding for subsidized trainings.
7. Works with Managing Director in the Los Angeles office to support the general administrative functions of the organization, including fielding phone calls, responding to and generating emails and filing documents.
8. Works with the Managing Director to manage CCI’s funders including proposals, reports and filing.
9. Provides public information and participates in CCI program communication efforts by responding via phone, email and in person to a broad range of inquiries and programming suggestions from artists, arts organizations and the general public.
10. Assists the Managing Director with grant programs. Includes answering phones, emails, filing, panel meetings, reporting and other administrative duties as assigned.
11. Attends and participates in CCI program and administrative meetings as may be required.
12. Other responsibilities, as assigned.
Skills and Work Requirements:
- At least one year of basic administrative experience in an office environment, (data administration and management preferred);
- Knowledge of standard office computer skills and nonprofit program applications (e.g., Windows Office Suite 2007, CMS, html, Excel, Word, Constant Contact, Zoomerang or Survey Monkey);
- Basic knowledge of social media and digital publishing platforms; and
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, ongoing tasks;
- Highly self-motivated with strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Knowledge or experience dealing with individual artists and/or the arts field;
- Flexibility to work periodic weekends and/or evenings to attend CCI supported programs, meetings and events using personal or public transportation within a 50-mile radius of employee’s home office (effective July 1, 2008).
$18-$20 per hour; 20-25 hours per week (schedule negotiable)
Submit a current resume and a cover letter describing your availability and interest in the position. Resumes and cover letters should be submitted as attachments by email to: Lauren Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Subject heading: “Programs Coordinator Position.” Deadline to apply is January 15, 2016 or until filled.