Palos Verdes Art Center
Palos Verdes, CA
ARTIST CALL: Now Trending
PVAC's Second Biennial Alpay Scholarship
University Student Juried Exhibition
June 9 - July 24, 2016
Current art students and recent graduates from leading Southern California art programs are invited to mine the cultural landscape of Los Angeles for inspiration leading to the submission of dynamic new work to be showcased in PVAC's Second Biennial Alpay Scholarship University Student Juried Exhibition, Now Trending.
Juror: Bernard Leibov, is the Director of BoxoPROJECTS, a residency and programming initiative located in Joshua Tree, CA. Prior to moving to California, Leibov was Deputy Director of Judd Foundation in New York, NY. He also operated BoxoOFFICE, a non-traditional gallery space in New York that featured artists working in non-urban locations. In addition to art, his background includes finance and brand strategy.
Open to all current So Cal university-level art students and recent graduates:
- All media considered - new media encouraged
- Limited to three (3) submissions
- No submission fee
- Winning submission awarded $2,000 Alpay Purchase Prize and $10,000 scholarship from The Beverly G. Alpay Memorial Education Fund in support of the creation of new artwork to be exhibited in a 2017 solo exhibition at PVAC.
- Submissions open January 4, 2016 at pvartcenter.org
- Exhibition dates, June 9 - July 24, 2016
- All art work must remain on view for duration of exhibition
Submission deadline, May 1, 2016
Since 1931, the Palos Verdes Art Center, a non-profit 501(c)3 community visual arts organization, has inspired "adults and children to create, appreciate, and celebrate art." PVAC exhibition, education, and outreach programs make visual arts available, accessible and affordable.
Do you like this post?