The Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc)
The Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc) is seeking a Recruitment and Outreach Assistant to be a part of a diverse community of 500 students, 80+ faculty and 50 staff. SCI-Arc brings together accomplished architectural professionals who encourage creativity, share knowledge, and foster independence by focusing on the individual learning experience.
The Recruitment and Outreach Assistant provides administrative support as well as actively engages with prospective students through campus tours, attending college fairs, high school presentations and other various outreach programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely on a day to day basis with Recruitment and Outreach Coordinator to execute the annual student recruitment plan
- Assist with planning and organizing local and national recruitment events, including high school visits, college fairs, portfolio review events, etc.
- Travel locally and nationally to high schools, universities and community colleges to present information regarding the programs offered by SCI-Arc
- Assist with organizing, scheduling and coordinating on campus admissions and recruitment related events (Meet the Chair, Online Information Sessions, Open Houses, New Student Orientation, etc.); facilitating logistics and arranging for special services and refreshments as needed
- Enter prospective applicant information and recruitment contact & event information into database
- Review and run periodic reports to ensure data integrity and efficiency utilizing the database (Jenzabar EX) to assist in managing and monitoring recruitment activities
- Provide assistance in researching target schools and community contacts
- Provide assistance to prospective applicants, current students, faculty and/or staff by responding to questions regarding degree programs and admissions policies and procedures
- Assist with responding to general inquiry emails
- Assist in all areas of the application process to garner completed application files. This includes processing online internet submissions, corresponding with applicants regarding missing application materials, updating applicant files with supporting materials, and report generation
- Communicate regularly via phone and email with recently accepted applicants to improve the enrollment yield and with wait listed applicants to ensure their interest remains
- Provide prospective students and visiting groups with tours of the campus
- Counsel prospective students on the admissions process and provide feedback to applicants regarding specifics of their application
- Help facilitate online and printed advertising
- Coordinate prospective student and program related mailings (electronic and printed)
- Maintain the SCI-Arc and my.sciarc.edu website with current housing information
- Collect and coordinate images of student & faculty work with other departments
- Ensure consistent enforcement of admissions policies and procedures
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required. A degree in architecture, visual arts or design is strongly recommended
- 1-2 years of prior recruitment experience in higher education is required, preferably at an art/design/architecture school
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills to clearly convey information in person and over the phone
- Skill in writing clear and concise correspondences, memos and e-mails
- Ability to provide constructive feedback about prospective student’s art work or portfolio
- Strong public speaking skills with a warm and approachable demeanor
- Independent problem solver
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships; to apply good customer service strategies; to maintain privacy of records; to interact with students, faculty, staff and community; to work in a multiethnic environment
- Must be able to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed
- Must have a reliable vehicle and valid Driver’s License
- Bi-lingual (Spanish or Mandarin) a plus
- Computer Experience: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required; experience with Jenzabar EX or similar constituent management software system preferred
We offer a great benefits package with medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and paid time off.
SCI-Arc is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity.
Please apply through the institution’s website at the following: https://sciarc.edu/institution/careers/open-positions/recruitment- outreach-assistant/
A cover letter and resume are needed for application to be considered complete. Email us at HR@SCIARC.EDU if any questions should arise.