Diane Rosenstein Gallery
Diane Rosenstein Gallery in Hollywood, CA is seeking a part-time (2-3 days a week) Registrar/Shipping Coordinator to manage all aspects of inventory records, registrar-related duties and exhibition management including art movement, installation and shipping. The ideal candidate will be a professional, positive self-starter with excellent communication skills and exceptional attention to detail. Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have a flexible and cooperative attitude.
Previous registrar and commercial art gallery or museum experience is required. This position is available for immediate hire.
- Work closely with gallery owner on shipments, exhibitions, condition reports, framing, etc
- Coordinate local and domestic shipments of incoming/outgoing inventory, consignments, approvals, loans, exhibitions, art fairs and special projects
- Work with external vendors to secure shipping estimates
- Prioritize shipping activity as necessary in terms of client/dealer needs
- Track all shipments to final destination. Monitor and resolve any issues which arise to ensure safe, timely delivery of shipments
- Follow through with all paperwork and record keeping related to artwork shipments: invoices, re-bills, collection of BOL’s, etc
- Approve shipping, installation and framing-related invoices and record relevant info/costs in inventory system
- Update inventory system with artwork movements in a timely manner
- Conduct timely, thorough condition reports for artworks and update inventory system with relevant notes; save condition report images on the server
- Perform all duties in accordance with the gallery’s best practices, procedures and protocols
- Additional job responsibilities as assigned
- BA Degree Required in Art History, Studio Art or related field
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in an art-related field, preferably at a commercial art gallery, museum or shipping company; registrar, shipping and/or art handling experience is required
- Familiarity with fine art packing and shipping best practices
- Knowledge of and experience with safe art handling procedures and installing artwork; must be able to assist with moving/packing/unpacking crates, etc
- Experience and comfortability with condition reporting artworks of varying media
- Must possess a professional, positive demeanor and be a self-starter
- Excellent client service abilities with demonstrated success working with vendors and clients
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment is essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Excellent computer skills including Mac, FileMaker, Adobe, Microsoft Word and Excel are required
Qualified applicants please submit a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com:
Subject line: Registrar application.
Applicants must meet the minimum years of required experience to be considered for the position. No phone calls please.