West Hollywood, CA
LUZ Art gallery & concept store is seeking a highly motivated, extremely organized, personable, and detailed-oriented Retail-sales associate who wants to be part of a innovative gallery/ concept store. We are looking for an energetic individual with retail experience, who is comfortable wearing many hats. Outstanding and attentive customer service skills are a must! Plus an interest in art and Fashion. This is a full time position starting at 30 hours including one weekend day and requires flexibility for additional hours based on the needs of the gallery.
$15 hour plus commission on retail sales.
DUTIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Engage customers, assist in navigating the gallery, and be informative regarding merchandise and artists
- Work the front desk and point of sale counter
- Follow up with sales interest.
- Receive new inventory and maintain store displays
- Update store website with new products.
- Run errands as needed
- Manage event guest lists and invitations; monitor RSVPMaintain general tidiness of the gallery and monitor supply levels
- Manage daily email communications including, but not limited to, those for special events and openings, artist submissions, and customer inquiries
- At least 1 year of experience in an art world setting, preferably in a gallery
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, trustworthy, and responsible
- Able to work successfully in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Bachelor's or four-year degree preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit the following to email@example.com
- a cover letter detailing your previous experience and a brief explanation of how you would approach the position
- a complete CV