Over the Influence Gallery
Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for a motivated sales associate for a large commercial art gallery based in Los Angeles. The successful candidate will be able to meet sales and profitability goals and bring in new clients to the gallery. Candidates will have the most success if they have a background in arts administration and sales.
Relationship management with artists
- Develop and maintain good communication and relationships with artists
- Maintain artist’s updated schedules and details of new art pieces
- Work closely with individual artists to promote their works
Promotion of art pieces
- Handle sales enquiries & liaise with clients
- Promotion and selling artists' work, through exhibitions, pop-ups, art fairs and personal contacts
- Post-sale follow up of artwork, manage art orders, prepare sold artwork for shipment or follow up with customers to confirm the successful arrival and good condition of sold pieces
- Updating database with delivered artworks
Knowledge and experience:
University degree with contemporary art knowledge preferred
- Knowledge regarding contemporary art and art practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with the public, providing guided tours and help with any inquiries.
- Excellent time management skills
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of operating MS Office, Social Media Platforms
- Knowledge of Artlogic preferred
- Enthusiastic with can-do attitude
- Demonstrated research skills
- Fast learner, attention to detail, responsible, self-starter and well-organized
Salary plus commission is negotiable based on prior experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications can be sent to email@example.com. Please include resume, cover letter, and at least 1 professional reference.