Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra (LACO)
Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Full time position/non-exempt
To support the marketing department with a focus on single ticket marketing strategies and campaigns for all ticketed concerts. Implement single ticket promotions and partnerships, developing strategies in collaboration with the director of marketing.
Scope & Responsibilities
The senior marketing & sales associate participates in the planning and execution of marketing and box office functions, with a focus on single ticket sales for all concerts. Responsibilities are as follows:
- In conjunction with the director of marketing, develop single ticket marketing plans per concert and organize the team’s efforts around achieving single ticket goals of $200,000+ annually. Execute single ticket marketing efforts including the following channels: direct mail, radio, print, online (SEM, digital advertising, etc) email, grassroots outreach and social media.
- Coordinate with marketing manager, box office & patron services associate and director of marketing as appropriate for concert announcement and marketing efforts
- Participate in ongoing single ticket dynamic pricing and inventory management efforts, in coordination with director of marketing and box office team,
- Understand the goals of campaigns and marketing activities and collaborate with full marketing team to derive relevant metrics, targets, and data collection strategies.
- Manage relationships with database partners, keeping lists clean, pulling and requesting reports as necessary to confirm or adjust marketing strategies and RIO of marketing to particular segments and zip codes,
- Oversee design, production and execution of all single ticket collateral and advertising materials;
- Together with the director of marketing, coordinate with outside marketing partners and vendors to negotiate and execute the annual contracts related to printing, mailing and advertising
- Analyze collected data and present results, including hypotheses for any irregularities; develop recurring reports focused on sales and patron acquisition goals
- Design professional and brand-appropriate materials, as needed, to support marketing and concert needs, creating and following a design timeline to allow for proofing and printing of professional materials including:
- Concert program inserts, concert signage and additional concert flyers as needed
- Occasional marketing materials including season materials, mailings, forms, signs, one- off event
- Programs, and other documents or materials as needed
- Provide support at evening and weekend concerts as assigned, including staffing box office, merchandise tables or receptions as needed
- Additional projects and tasks as assigned.
Experience/ Characteristics Required
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, personable team player and multi-tasker with a passion for classical music, excellent communication skills, understanding of marketing principals and common metrics, high personal productivity and exceptional attention to detail. Bachelor’s degree is required. 2-3 years successful working experience at an arts-related or non-profit organization is preferred. Excellent written and verbal skills are required for all LACO marketing and development positions. Ability to juggle multiple projects concurrently, under pressure strongly recommended.
Strong Excel skills and knowledge and understanding of design software (such as Photoshop or
InDesign) strongly preferred. Solid computer skills including the use of databases, Microsoft Word and Excel are a must. Some evening and weekend hours are required. EOE.
Please email resume, comprehensive cover letter and additional writing sample to: email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
About the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra
Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra (LACO), proclaimed “America's finest chamber orchestra” byPublic Radio International and “resplendent” by the Los Angeles Times, has established itself among the world's top musical ensembles. Since 1997, LACO has performed under the baton of acclaimed conductor and pianist Jeffrey Kahane, hailed by critics as “visionary” and “a conductor of uncommon intellect, insight and musical integrity” with “undeniable charisma,” “effortless musicality and extraordinary communicative gifts.” Under Kahane’s leadership, the Orchestra maintains its status as a preeminent interpreter of historical masterworks and a champion of contemporary composers. During its almost 50-year history, the Orchestra has made 31 recordings, toured Europe, South America and Japan, performed across North America and garnered eight ASCAP Awards for Adventurous Programming. Headquartered in downtown Los Angeles, LACO presents its Orchestral Series on Saturdays at Glendale’s Alex Theatre/Pasadena’s Ambassador Auditorium and on Sundays at UCLA’s Royce Hall; Baroque Conversations at downtown Los Angeles’ Zipper Concert Hall; and Westside Connections chamber music series, designed to illustrate the relationship between music and other artistic disciplines, at the Moss Theater in Santa Monica. LACO also presents a Concert Gala, an annual film event, featuring the Orchestra performing the score live, and several fundraising salons each year. Additionally, LACO outreach programs, Meet the Music, Community Partners, Campus to Concert Halland the LACO/USC Thornton Strings Mentorship Program, reach thousands of young people annually, nurturing future musicians and composers as well as inspiring a love of classical music.