The Colburn School
The Colburn School is a world-class performing arts school where a renowned faculty provides instruction in music, dance and drama to dedicated students of all ages.
- Under the direction of the Managing Editor, helps to select which social media channels are best for the school
- Implements the strategy for engaging Colburn by creating timely and interesting content, using content created by Colburn colleagues, or sharing third-party content
- Deploys paid social media campaigns and tracks their effectiveness
- Tracks social media engagement through relevant analytics, and assists the managing editor and vice president of communications in refining strategy based on conclusions drawn from that data
- Implements and enforces the institutional social media engagement policy set by the managing editor, working with the managing editor to coach other departments
- Assists managing editor in coaching staff, students, and faculty on how to properly engage the public through social media
- Assists the website and digital assets editor in the writing of website and e-newsletter content as needed
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships both within and outside the School in order to facilitate the communication and promotion of The Colburn School's mission
- Collaborates with appropriate staff School-wide to keep abreast of School activities, events and performances
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a naturally engaging writer with a feel for the distinct voice required for social media
- Must be able to adhere rigidly to house style and basic rules of grammar
- Needs to plan ahead, manage multiple stakeholders, and work quickly
- A knowledge of music, dance, and the performing arts is beneficial; a desire to learn as much as you can about them is essential
- Position requires one to three years of experience with progressively greater responsibility and successful outcomes in a similar position
- Ability to write engaging copy using the distinct voice required for social media
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with minimal supervision and as a member of a team. Ability to manage the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Flickr etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships.
- Ability to work productively and independently and as a member of a team
- Good technical understanding and ability to learn new techniques quickly